Stupid Posts: Bash or Help?

emiliowang

What's your take on treating SUFU newbies who post stupid questions?

Will you be nice and help them out? Answer the damn question and have an outlook that no one is stupid in SUFU?

Or...

Will you tell them that they're fucking stupid and get the hell out of here?

if the question has been asked before i just say use the serach button instead of the answering the question that i know the answer to

As for me, I would answer the question.

Then, I would tell the guy how to use the search function or which thread or section to check out the answers.

I'd do all these politely and kindly, no sarcasm, and without using profanity or any derogatory remarks in any of my replies.

Hope this could make SUFU a kinder place for everyone, newbie or not.

Spread the love in SUFU.:)

emiliowang,

you created two threads that were rather idiotic even in terms of a noob. and when i directed you towards the Small Questions thread, your reply was

"I already checked there and I didnt find my answer so i started my own thread"

the entire purpose of the small questions thread is so you can ask your question there. you cant really be that thick headed...

fndmybetterhalf,

I sincerely thank you for your directions. From now on, I shall ask my questions there.

I learned from you, albeit calling me stupid with the word "fuckin'" in your reply. It's alright man. No grudges here.

And I think that issue is over and done with.

This thread is in no way related to any of my posts.

If you do think this is my way of getting back at you, then allow me to tell you that it isn't.

I'm just making a poll here, without any malicious or hurtful intentions.

If you're offended, then I'm sorry.

I just wanted to inject a little bit of kindness to this wonderful community.

And I still hope so even people object or ridicule this post.

Have a good one guys!

What's your take on treating SUFU newbies who post stupid questions?

Will you be nice and help them out? Answer the damn question and have an outlook that no one is stupid in SUFU?

Or...

Will you tell them that they're fucking stupid and get the hell out of here?

Ok, here's the thing:

a lot of people who are new to supertalk tend to think that we (the supertalkers/futurians, whatever) are here for the sole reason to answer their question.

Most of them forget that maybe, just maybe that question that is so new to them, might have been answered already, somewhere in the fast mess of information that is superfuture.

So instead of doing what would be logical, they start a new thread, hoping that this way their question will be answered with minimum imput from them.

Now, if you were to go to a library, would you just walk up to any random person there and ask them your question, or would you go to the computer, type in some keywords and probably get directed towards where you are most likely to find your answer.

I could've thought of numerous threads that would most likely hold your answers and if not would be the places most likely to get a direct answer.

Another thing is, most people who are new here, don't think about whether the thread they are about to make brings anything to the board, they juist want their question as fast as possible and are being selfish.

So basicly, it doesn't have anything to do with us not being nice to newcomers, but it has everything to do with newcomers who are being incredibly stupid, ignorant, selfish and lazy.

There have been many newcomers who within their first 10 posts contributed something new and valuable to the boards, be it in a thread, posts or whatever, trust me that they had a more than warm welcome.

Now Fuck off and get aquainted with the search function!!!

Ok, here's the thing:

a lot of people who are new to supertalk tend to think that we (the supertalkers/futurians, whatever) are here for the sole reason to answer their question.

Most of them forget that maybe, just maybe that question that is so new to them, might have been answered already, somewhere in the fast mess of information that is superfuture.

So instead of doing what would be logical, they start a new thread, hoping that this way their question will be answered with minimum imput from them.

Now, if you were to go to a library, would you just walk up to any random person there and ask them your question, or would you go to the computer, type in some keywords and probably get directed towards where you are most likely to find your answer.

I could've thought of numerous threads that would most likely hold your answers and if not would be the places most likely to get a direct answer.

Another thing is, most people who are new here, don't think about whether the thread they are about to make brings anything to the board, they juist want their question as fast as possible and are being selfish.

So basicly, it doesn't have anything to do with us not being nice to newcomers, but it has everything to do with newcomers who are being incredibly stupid, ignorant, selfish and lazy.

There have been many newcomers who within their first 10 posts contributed something new and valuable to the boards, be it in a thread, posts or whatever, trust me that they had a more than warm welcome.

Now Fuck off and get aquainted with the search function!!!

The library analogy is a good one.

Had I never been to a library, and I went to one, asked the librarian for help and was told to "f**k off and use the f**king card catalogue you stupid f**king library rookie! Don't you know what we do here? Oh, and your ugly" I'd be offended and wonder why he/she was there.

If, in the same situation I asked a random person in said library for help and they responded similarly- I would explode their nose.

On the other hand, if I had experience in libraries, I would only ask for help as a last resort after exhausting all my options for finding answers to my questions on my own.

So it seems there are both types of noobs making these mistakes, while there is only one type of SuperFuturian answering in this manner without considering the experience level of the offending noob.

The primary purpose of libraries is to share information.

The primary purpose of SuFu is to give nerdy high school kids who have never seen a live woman naked a place where they get to be the ones spitting on the retards.

The primary purpose of SuFu is to give nerdy high school kids who have never seen a live woman naked a place where they get to be the ones spitting on the retards.

so, you're saying you're a retard?

fnd even said that the mods will be glad to help, they are essentially the librarians. the library isn't even that good of an analogy. librarians get paid to do what they do [and if they are volunteering they still have a duty], where the members are here to share and gain knowledge, but when they are being requested to provide information that has been given hundreds on times, obviously there is a problem.

also, bud... seeing a live woman naked ain't that impressive lol. good for you for finally losing your v-card i guess...

lol you don't understand anything do you?

also, dear whoever pos repped norm de gay:

please reveal yourself. perhaps you were too busy jerking off to nana funk to realize what a dumbass you were being. reveal yourself so i can send the ghost agents after you

there are also true noobs who just don't know the protocol yet and deserve a bit of patience (or at least to be ignored, not insulted).

First thread on superdenim page:

Sixt thread on superdenim page:

?

We aren't paid to answer sizing question on APC jeans, unlike the librarian (that's what conan said but i wanted to answer that).

If I was paid to answer about sizing on APC jeenz and suck dick about boring fits and be nice on the internet, maybe i'd do it, with the smile. But since we're not paid, we answer stupid questions according to our mood and... according to THE TONE OF THE QUESTION (cool noobs always get answers)..