Albums or song titles that would make good TV show episodes titles.

Alright everyone I need a little help with something that I'm going to be working on this summer. I've had this idea for a TV series for the past couple of years and I need a little help with some episode titles.

The show takes place in a record store and is about the three friends who run it. I have a few basic albums and songs that people on another board have given me, but I at least want to a few more so that I can plan it out in advance.

A few albums that other people have suggested are After the Gold Rush, Deadringer, and Bring it all back home. I have a few ideas of what albums that I want to use, but would like a few more to choose from.

What are some suggestions that you guys have? I'm curious to see this.

you just haven't earned it yet, baby. - the smiths

you could go on for quite a while just using Smiths/Morrissey titles: "you're the one for me, fatty" sounds like a good start...

"stop me if you think you've heard this one before"

"there's a place in hell for me and my friends"

"i've changed my plea to guilty"

"life is a pigsty"

"bigmouth strikes again"

anyway, you get the idea...

you could go on for quite a while just using Smiths/Morrissey titles: "you're the one for me, fatty" sounds like a good start...

"stop me if you think you've heard this one before"

"there's a place in hell for me and my friends"

"i've changed my plea to guilty"

"life is a pigsty"

"bigmouth strikes again"

anyway, you get the idea...

Yeah, I never though of that. I might have to go through them on a lyric site and see what I can pull out. Thanks

I don't know whether you're looking for music from a particular genre or category, but there are many that would work.

For example, I am listening to bunch of mid- to late-90s hip-pop and R&B in preparation for a party, and there are many here that would good episode titles. It depends on the show and the characters.

"If I Ruled the World"

"Money Ain't a Thang"

"Return of the Mack"

"Only You"

"My Prerogative"

"Too Close"

"How Do U Want It"

"If I Had No Loot"

This is only from a cursory look at the playlist I assembled; I know you're probably using the song titles as a springboard for episode ideas, but it won't be too hard to find a song title--even a well-known song title--that fits what you're trying to do.

If you could be more specific as to what you're looking for exactly (like music-nerd songs? stuff that requires High Fidelity-level knowledge or stuff that digs deeper than that? or not as deep?), then maybe we could help you more.

I don't know whether you're looking for music from a particular genre or category, but there are many that would work.

I knew that I forgot something. I'm looking for late 80s to 90s alt rock and also indie rock. The main characters are pretty much followers of indie and alt rock. Also if any one has some suggestions of underground or even main stream hip-hop, I'm opened to them also.

OK--like I said earlier, it shouldn't be too difficult.

For example, here are some of the more evocative Pavement song titles that make for good episode names:

"Shady Lane"

"Date with IKEA"

"We Are Underused"

"Stop Breathin"

"Cut Your Hair"

"Gold Sounds"

"5 - 4 = Unity"

"Summer Babe (Winter Version)"

"Conduit for Sale!"

"Spit on a Stranger"

"We Dance"

"Rattled by the Rush"

"Best Friend's Arm"

"Grave Architecture"

And this is just one band. You should probably narrow your focus slightly--maybe make the episode titles some of the more well-known songs of alt/indie bands? You want the audience to feel smart, but you don't want to alienate them....

And this is just one band. You should probably narrow your focus slightly--maybe make the episode titles some of the more well-known songs of alt/indie bands? You want the audience to feel smart, but you don't want to alienate them....

Yeah, I was thinking about doing that too, might as well do that. Also, any classic rock albums or songs are welcome too.

absinthe party at the fly honey warehouse

lift your skinny fists like antennas to heaven

highway of endless dreams

car chase terror!

"go back to sleep, angel. mom is gonna keep the devil away"

flies are spies from hell

maybe they'll gnaw right through

touch me, i'm going to scream

simon smith and the amazing dancing bear

everything is alive, everything is breathing, nothing is dead and nothing is bleeding

we have the facts and we're voting yes

you can play these songs with chords

under the table and dreaming

the earth is not a cold dead place

everynight fire works

return of the frog queen

invent yourself a shortcake

when life hands you lemons

the sound of the colour of the sun

i can hear the heart beating as one