Eurotrip - Advice

Hey, so i'm going around Europe late June to early August. Going with a few friends and I was wondering if you guys could give me a little advice on where to go, what to do.

Basically restaurants, nightlife, shopping you would recommend. For shopping i'm pretty much looking for the regular sufu brands.

Anything you could give would be awesome. And yeah, i've used the search function but thought i'd make this thread for a more updated chunk of knowledge and I guess any additions.

London - 3 days (not so worried about this one)

Paris - 5 days

Barcelona - 4 days

Nice - 3 days

Florence - 2 days

Venice - 2 days

Ljubljana - around 6 hours...

Budapest - 4 days

Prague - 5 days

Krakow - 4 days

Berlin - 3 days

Amsterdam - 3 days

Geneva - 5 days

Apparently there's a smoking ban in Amsterdam June sometime? Hopefully that won't hurt too much.

Anyway cheers guys!

I wouldn't know where to start, you're covering about 45% of the entire world, maybe you should post more precise questions, otherwise go to Colette Bon Marché blabla Caviar House Bain des Paquis blabla Globus El Corte Ingles Le Rex CDG Guerilla store blabla Happy Pills store L'Eclaireur Palazzo Grassi Guggenheim etc.

for night life in barcelona, check out pacha and razzmatazz they are friggin awesome! and you should stay at kabul hostel if u are looking for affordable and nice hostel, i had the best time of my life the last time there. hope this will help . :) for shopping, placa de gracia and along av diagonal

smoking ban yes, but not smoking weed ban.

i've only been to paris and you should definately check out Colette and the evisu paris shop

do you mean the shop in front of CdG on saint honoré? unfortunately the store has closed...

London - 3 days (not so worried about this one)

Paris - 5 days

Barcelona - 4 days

Nice - 3 days

Florence - 2 days

Venice - 2 days

Ljubljana - around 6 hours...

Budapest - 4 days

Prague - 5 days

Krakow - 4 days

Berlin - 3 days

Amsterdam - 3 days

Geneva - 5 days

is this schedule strict?

I would add days in Florence and Berlin.

Spend less time in Nice, Prague Krakow and Geneva.

that trip will be mad hectic..

anyway, few random tips:

London

shop at: Liberty's (dept store), Dover Street Market, Vertice (high-end japanese labels etc), Browns (dept store), Poste (shoes), maybe Selfridges (dept store), 59 broadwick st (ninja gear), Jas M.B (bags)

eat: Original Mr. Jerks (caribbean chicken), Hakkasan (if you want to really spend but eat excellent food), Donzoko (japanese)

if your looking for gigs, events etc, check timeout

Paris

shop at: L'eclaireur rue herold and rue malher (if thats your thing), Rick Owens, Comme Des Garcons, Le Bon Marche (dept store), Colette, surface2air, APC, Maria Luisa Homme

eat at: Le 404 (nice hip moroccan place), Atelier Maître-Albert, Kong (all 3 speak english on the phone)

go to Palais de Tokyo!

Berlin

read this: http://www.scoute.org/issue/may/berlin/

for paris: if you wont lose time start by saint honoré street: go to comme des garçons, then colette and other stores. you will arrive at palais royal then go to the buren columns near the comedie francaise and you will find rick owens pierre hardy maison kitsuné margiela... bon marché worth the trip only if you want to get some zucca or AnnD but not a lot of choice and it is on rive gauche.

Palais de Tokyo is nice there are a good library and andre's store. then for l'éclaireur and a good falafel at rue des rosiers go to the marais. nice shops there too...

Do you have a good reason to go to Nice?!?

The other tree places, I understand (although I've never been there).

well Nice is a nice city, not the most hip one but cool. go to the beach there and relax in between all the hectic travelling. also go to the old flower market or whatever its called. the city is fun to walk around in, I dont know if you'll find much shopping to do there but the other cities should cover that anyways.

cool thanks so much +rep for some replies

ive been gathering everything I can from sufu and other websites and the places i have the least info on are:

Nice

Florence

Budapest

Krakow

so if you have anything on these places :rolleyes:

I lived in Budapest for six weeks in the Summer of 07 (I'm American). I have a pretty good grasp on the city and can give you some recommendations. Any specific questions?

Sounds like I should drop some days off Nice and add them to Berlin. The reason we're going to Nice is to see a friend of a friend's sister - not important ha. Though relaxing on the beach doesn't sound too horrible.

Budapest questions - nothing too specific. Mainly is there anything we need to do? Anything you would highly recommend going to see? eating at? partying at?

I know it's kind of broad but would be nice to have a couple of spots to check out. :)

im also planning to hit up europe, but more of a mini trip compared to liberationfrequencys ballin outta controlness

how much you planning to spend man?

im trying to keep it under 3k, preferably around 2.5k with flight in.

how do you make sure your stuff dont get punked in hostels??

well im going with 4 really good mates who i havent seen in like 3 years so i was thinking out of control would be the only way to go.

after working all the shit out ive racked up about 1.5k (GBP) which is just about 3k USD...

but.. ive got friends to stay with in 7 of the places so that really cuts accommodation costs down.

im also planning to hit up europe, but more of a mini trip compared to liberationfrequencys ballin outta controlness

how much you planning to spend man?

im trying to keep it under 3k, preferably around 2.5k with flight in.

how do you make sure your stuff dont get punked in hostels??

don't bring too many valuables and/or stay in hostels where you can put some of your important stuff into their safe in the front desk. or if you're with peeps, you can sometimes get a private room (with your own bathroom sometimes) and then you have a door with a lock on it.

my only bad travel experience ever was in a hotel (not a hostel) in Ibiza, where we went out clubbing and came back at 5am to find that someone had jimmied the lock on our door and taken stuff out of our suitcase. but that's never happened to me at any hostel.

Budapest questions - nothing too specific. Mainly is there anything we need to do? Anything you would highly recommend going to see? eating at? partying at?

I know it's kind of broad but would be nice to have a couple of spots to check out. :)

For bars you have to check out Morrison's Music Pub. It's on a street called Revay that is close to the Opera house (yellow subway line) but you'll probably need a map (it's hidden in a good way). It is packed every night with an alternative crowd of people mainly under 25, probably 80% locals and 20% foreign. Everyone speaks English and beer is less than $2. You can have a fun enough time just going here, but make friends with a local and ask them about some of the one-night parties that happen in the city.

Go to a thermal bath. Gellert is the most famous but the one in the city park (by Heroes Square, the name escapes me) is also a lot of fun.

If you want to buy hilarious tourist trinkets head to Great Market Hall. If you're interested in communism, check out the House of Terror museum and Soviet Statue Park (outside the city, you'll have to take a bus there, get directions from your hostel).

• 4 weeks later...

Ok!

Countries have been cut down to:

London

Paris

Barcelona

Venice

Ljubljana

Prague

Krakow

Berlin

Amsterdam

Geneva

So hopefully a little more manageble and we have more time in places such as Berlin/Amsterdam. (Florence had to be dropped for reasons unknown to me)

Now what im looking for are a few good hostel reccommendations.

I need them for Prague and Barcelona.

By the way; all your suggestions have been disgustingly helpful so thanks a bunch!