LVC 1947-501s Availablity Update...

Jim Cissell

I've been periodically checking with the SanFran Levi's store for ordering some 1947 rigids. For awhile I was getting 'check next Tuesday' (they get shipments in every Tuesday and Thursday) but the last call I made they said check about the end of October.

Does anyone have any inside scoop on the availability of the Fall LVC line - especially the 1947s? They STILL have their Spring line-up on their website, so there must be trouble afloat...

Thanks,

Jim

Jim Cissell

this season's US LVC is certainly having trouble getting into stores (even more so than usual). it seems like they shipped out a bunch of rigid '47s very early (like june/july), and are very late in getting the rest of it out...i know that they've dropped at least two items that were part of the collection featured in the booklet, but i've also been told that everything should be out "within a month"

who knows...i never seem to get a straight answer from anyone at Levi

They had dry 1947s at Cinch in London, but had sold of the popular sizes last week. At first they reckoned they wouldn't have new stock until December, but now the manager says a new delivery is imminent.

They have noticed, as have I, a big switch in demand from the baggier, pre-war, back-cinch models to the trimmer 1947 look.