simcoo

australia :: brisbane :: general

i've been recommended to jackson zhu. above wallash bishop in the queen street mall. I;ve never had a suit tailored there. only shirts and pants.

guys,

know any good tailors around for suits in brisbane ?

maybe try 'the cloakroom' in the building above country road in the mall. they do made to measure suits starting around $1100.

Any of you all going to any gigs coming up?

got my pearl jam ticlet this morning!

other than that. Soundwave and Sunset sounds have fairly decent lineups. will defs be going to soundwave.

Char Char Char is AMAZING but pretty expensive.

For cheap, cheap, CHEAP decent steaks you can't really beat the fox on a sunday. Steak, chips, sauce and a super dry for $7.50.

Mmm heaps of awesome gigs. Going to:

Lucksmiths

Frankly! Festival at the Powerhouse

(maybe) GZA

(maybe) Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks

Vivian Girls

Tiny Vipers

Casiotone for the Painfully Alone

Buzzcocks

YAY we finally have a decent run of shows.

Where all my money goes apart from booze and clothes haha.

Where do you guys normally head out to?

lately i haven't been in the mood for getting a 30 dollar taxi home at 4am. So recently the spots have been the bowery, alhumbra and gerties.

does the woolloongabba one have a big sign claiming they have the best steaks in town?

If it the norman hotel thats shit morrison hotel is just after the chalk hotel you will see it after the lights next to the busway on the left hand side next to exit onto the bridge

:D fiascos best mushroom sauce in town

thx guys. ive tried the cobbler at the bottom of broadway, they seem ok. might give the one roma st station one a try, dont wanna destroy my ann d's

On the concert topic. Mono, december 6 at the hi-fi. so excited.

you like Mono dude that's awesome.. respect..

what other shoegaze/instrumental/post rock/ambient? do you like? Do you listen to m83, Eluvium, Hammock, Ovum, The American Dollar (<-- Highly recommend) or anything like that?

m83 and eluvium, yes. I'll check the others out man, it's a pretty hard type of music to find decent artists in. Recently i've been massively into vessels and bowery electric.

Bowrey Electric look really good.. I'll peep them later.. I have listened to Vessels before I think.. Going to see if i can hunt it down later. thanks

hey dude how did you go?

I also recommend French Teen Idol (I know the name may throw you off, but he is quite good) & All Angels Gone... if you don't mind some lyrics..

you should sign up to last.fm

i am on last.fm. it's served me very well for finding new artists. pm me your username if you like and i'll add you.

I;m actually pretty in need of new stuff at the moment so I'll definitely check both of those out.

I still havent got my hands on The American Dollar yet (no money, no torrent) but it's on my list.