supreme x vans x beinghunted's take

boystory

anyone else think that beinghunted was being kind of pompous when they dropped the news on the supreme vans?

' We know it's difficult for you Swoosh-heads out there to even look at another brand.'

'Just trust us on this one - these shoes you'll love.

Here is why: A) they are canvas which means they breathe quite well. B) Vans have been making comfortable and cool-looking shoes for ages - so you won't have to be afraid that somebody disses you for wearing some no-name brand without a history'

i mean, seriously...that's pretty fucking condescending.

i like being hunted and all, but i think anyone who goes to that website has to have, at the very least, one pair of slipons/old skools.

that being said, anyone else think the shoes are fucking awesome?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe, I think they're just poking fun at the NT type who go where the hype is. Honestly, they're doing the same thing, just without the sneaker themed tee shirts. Which is fine. I guess I'm like that too. Just a joke.

And yes, the shoes are hot. Good colors and patterns. Simple as that. No more hype needed.

Quote:

boring shoes imo. stars are gay. bghd must be posting as a favor?

--- Original message by dontcaretoomuchforcrap on Sep 27, 2005 04:41 PM

you hate everything, even the stuff you like.

somebody somewhere near a supreme get me a pair of the black hi-tops. i'll totally give you money beforehand.

Edited by boystory on Sep 27, 2005 at 05:43 PM

I don't remember how much the last Supreme Vans went for, but I'd be surprised if they go for too much more than regular Vans. Maybe $65 for the Chukka and Sk8-Hi models?...little less for the Old Skools.

I quite like these. First thing Supreme has had a hand in in a while that I've been interested in. The idea that people will be standing in line thanks to the hype (after previous Supreme Vans had been essentially ignored by the fanboys) is putting me off though.

Quote:
Quote:

boring shoes imo. stars are gay. bghd must be posting as a favor?

--- Original message by dontcaretoomuchforcrap on Sep 27, 2005 04:41 PM

you hate everything, even the stuff you like.

somebody somewhere near a supreme get me a pair of the black hi-tops. i'll totally give you money beforehand.

Edited by boystory on Sep 27, 2005 at 05:43 PM

--- Original message by boystory on Sep 27, 2005 05:42 PM

Arrrrrrrggghh hahahahha, good call

Quote: do they not make vans like that otherwise? dope, but can't you get that elsewhere?

yeah you can get chukkas, but the standard suede ones only come in black and blue (supreme ones don't have the foxing stripe, have monochrome laces and have a nice leather insole). tan w/tan laces are unique. this past summer vans did some tan canvas ones w/dark green foxing stripe and green laces. anyway, the devil's in the details and the Supremes are def a leg up.

Quote:

yeah looks like they're re-releasing the brown chukkas and black chukkas.

i'm still on a quest for the khaki chukkas from the last round, so if anyone knows where to get these in a 10.5 let me know:

vivabc-img600x450-1123175025dsc00743b.jpg

--- Original message by rhythmandsound on Sep 28, 2005 12:03 PM

i want those soo bad.