how do black raw jeans fade?

liewbaysea

I really don't knonw $#!+ about raw denim, but after reading these boards for the last few weeks I think it really depends on what kind of denim you get.

Supposedly, if the yarns in one direction are dyed black but the ones in the other direction are left white, the denim will fade "similar to indigo" which I assume means that they turn grayish where fades would be. Samurai has this sort of process.

Just look through the denim evolution threads, especially any jeans that have the codename BK in them...they will be BLACK.

Oh, and you're probably gonna get yelled at / neg repped for posting a new thread. The "Small Questions" thread is your friend.

i mean...

IT'S NOT LIKE THERE AREN'T ANY PICS OF FADED BLACK JEANS ANYWHERE IN THIS FORUM.

WHAT?!? No???! REALLY?!?!?!

there might even be pics of people WEARING black jeans:eek:

with just a few mouse clicks

and a bit of thinking (may be difficult) and even a search...

your question would have been answered.

How's many of the noobs going to know how black denim fades if 99% of the black denim on this forum is the S5000BK? Does anyone remember and/or have any evo pics of the PBJ005BK? I remember when everyone was crazy for these. :rolleyes:

.. Not that I have anything against the S5000BK, I own a S5000VX. Just seems like those are the only black jeans around with any decent amount of wear.