OLD SCHOOL LAKAI (pics)

rodhall05

You know the crazy thing was Lakai went unnoticed in the skateshop where I worked, everyone was into DCs and Etnies and the big names they plugged. Its crazy seeing these shoes again because we were selling them and not considered classics. But they were quality, much like Axion.

you cant.. these things have been sold over and over already.. alot of them ended up at ross/marshalls/clearence racks of skate chains. im almost positive 90% of them are gone by now.

ebay would be your best bet or some old skate shops might have some yellowed size 7.5's in the back for $29.99

I was so hyped for Lakai when Rick and Mike first left DC and started it up, and they've always had a sick team, but in my opinion the shoes have always been pretty terrible. the Staples were one of the worst shoes i've ever skated in. I think those were my last-ever pair of 'skate shoes' (barring Vans). Prior to their newer stuff, some of which looks decent (esp. all the vulcanized selects), they were just standard super-puff skate shoes w/short toeboxes. not good. I think they'll keep getting better tho. But all i wanna know is, since they're able to bring the eS Koston 1 back, can they bring back the DC Howard?? do it!

i skate in half cabs, sometimes sal 23(as puffy as ill go), sometimes just some nike or adidas retro basketball shoes(forum mids are great, so are shelltoes)... but thats just cause im cheap and dont want to spend money on shoes(ill pick up shit from the thrift store and skate in it)

my preference tho is half cabs

I had the COHORTS (1st pic of the thread) in a cold grey colour with navy soles. One of the best looking shoes I've ever skated with. But I remember the soles to be a little too STIFF so I kept on using my old ass Vans Mike Caroll and AXIONS Mariano.

Do you know if there's ever been a reissue of Vans Carolls ?

every picture of a shoe in this thread looks like shit, fuck these shoes. i remember being so pissed off when i was still skating in the late 90s and these fucking cross trainer-looking pieces of shit became the norm.

As mentioned above, Lakai's team is great but the shoes were wack.

There were maybe 1 or 2 originals that were OK, but the rest were like most of the other skate shoes coming out at that time (early 2000's), overly tech, puffy, bulky, short, and wide.

I'm glad skate shoes have returned to a more streamlined look. The "D3 era" was a terrible time for skate shoes (and skateboarding in general).

If anyone has a line on some Axion Aries in the navy blue/royal...please. I'm glad skate shoes got less bulky but I really liked a lot of the more technical designs of the past too. First 3 Kostons especially.