Tokyo hotels in September - need a little advice

smurf

I'm taking my first trip to Tokyo this September and am looking for hotel suggestions in the Shibuya area. I'm staying at the Claska the first 3 nights and like the idea of alternative/boutique lodging. Basically, I'm seeking out places with a cool vibe.

I'm thinking about the Excel Hotel Shibuya, but I'll consider any other centrally located hotels in the sub-$200 range. I'm kind of curious about the Shibuya Creston Hotel, so if anyone has experience there, I'd love to hear about it.

Anyway, thanks in advance!

:)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I liked the Tokyu Stay Shibuya Shinminamiguchi

nice and spacious rooms, kitchenette and free internet for an affordable price. make sure you dont check in to the large tokyu stay around the corner cause i heard it was a bit run down...

Well I'm home now, but thanks for your posts.

The Claska was great! I stayed there my first 3 and last 2 nights. As the SuperFuture review says, it isn't exactly located in the center of Tokyo, but I actually liked that. The nearest station is a 5 or 10 minute walk and from there, Shibuya is like a 6 or 7 minute ride.

I stayed in the Excel Shibuya too, which was fine if you like non-descript rooms over a giant mall, but the Claska was less expensive and much, much cooler. I stayed in two different rooms, both relatively small, but well appointed. The bathrooms were very cool! The staff was great - they greeted me by name when I first arrived. Sure, there are only 11 rooms, it was 8 at night and I was the only gaijin staying there, but it was still a nice touch.

The restaurant/bar Lobby had good food and decent drinks, if not a little expensive. There was a party in the hotel the Saturday that I stayed there, which was great fun. Anyway, I've stayed in a couple of other "boutique" hotels, including 60 Thompson in NY and the Claska was every bit as cool without at all being pretentious.

I will definitely stay there my next trip to Tokyo!

Hey Dre, I guess the world really is a small place! :)

I didn't even know what the party was for until I checked out the following day. It was the one year aniverary for a new bar is Shibuya, but I never got the name of the place. I wanted to check it out, since I was staying in Shibuya the following 2 nights, but details from Saturday night were a little fuzzy.

If you know the name of the bar, let me know.

• 1 month later...