do you really need to ..............

doom

i think that it is overkill to buy something that was meant for the pro's. i just think that most city dwellers do not need the pro model of this or that. it also cost a lot more! an example would be like north face mountain climbing gear. do you really need to buy the real expedition gear that the real climbers use? you could easily buy the cheaper version of something similar. the same thing goes with suv's. do you really need a v8 landrover in the city, even when there is snow for like 3 months of the year?

the eclipse is nigh

if your climbing up a freaking mountain why would you want anything but the absolute best gear, that stuff could save your life.

oh are you talking about people WEARING technical mountineering clothing that don't climb? North face isn't is really a equipment maker, just clothing. People like Black Diamond do the top-notch technical gear.

since your just talking about clothing my response is, who cares. maybe they do go alpineering on the weekends.

and as to the landrover, maybe they used to have a farm in great britian and didn't want to buy a new car when they moved to nyc, or maybe they just have more money than you and don't give a fuck about you.

Edited by ten100switch on Sep 17, 2005 at 01:10 PM

I can understand people wantin' the pro look even the non-users but a lot of people are shelling out for what they think is the best and even with companies like TNF they at least get a lifetime guarantee. More times than not the style is stale for them before it ever wears out and they stop wearing it. I have returned 15yr old jackets to TNF for customers just because the color faded,no joke! and they were sent a freshie new style no charge. Now TNF is by no means close to the best but outerwear companies can't risk the bad word of mouth and they suck it up for the few cheap asses that want to return 15yr old shite. As for the Land rovers I wish I had one but for the city folk---GET A BIKE