where to buy blank 5 panel hats in NYC?

ReasonRumRunners

• 3 weeks later...
Quote:

Does anyone have one of these, or has anyone seen one in person? I am trying to get an idea of the quality, I also wish I knew if they have those huge vents on the sides like the army surplus ones.

--- Original message by eldave04 on Oct 7, 2005 06:11 AM

if you look in their catalog on their website you can see what they look like: the solid color ripstop cotton ones have the army surplus style vents, but the patterned ones, like the plaid ones or whatnot, have the normal two small holes, like the supreme hats. The polo hats w/the leather strap sometimes have small holes (most of them) and sometimes have vents (i think the denim ones they did had vents), just check the pics. They do sell to individuals (even tho they may say they don't): i've bought some from them once, but i bought 4 of them in one go (i prob could've just bought 3 tho). Just phone them up...the woman i talked to basically ran the joint and she was very nice.

ps, the construction is the same is supreme's 5-panel camp caps, but imo the quality is not as good: the bills are not as stiff, and the lining around the rim on the inside is thinner and not as absorbent if you're sweating in them. the sick thing about them, tho, is that the shape and fit is -exactly- the same as the classic supreme 5-panels prior to 2003.

Quote:

showbiz, they have have some with the side vents and leather back strap at an army surplus store on yonge just north of wellesley. Tons of different colours.

--- Original message by eldave04 on Oct 7, 2005 11:16 AM

thanks man i'll check that out.

i like their plaid designs on the NY hat co website. id order those