Sign in to follow this  
Ryan

05/06 snowboards

I'm way past due for a new board. have been out of the loop really.

probably gonna stick with burton again, but just curious what kind of boards you guys ride/suggest.

i got last years 162 (i think) Uninc. ... only rode it a couple times. wanted to keep it fresh for this season n i was mostly on rails last year so i used my previous years burton 7. the seven deadly sins one. i had the one where the dudes hugging himself. cant remember the name of it.

for Bindings i got a free pair of Burton MDH somethings. the carbon fiber ones. their stiff like a mufukka. not really good if yur going for pure park. ... so i got a pair of the Cartels. really good binding. i dunno about the toecap straps though. i guess i'll get used to em.

BTW i have a snowboard for sale i won at a comp last year. it'll prolly be going on ebay soon. meh. its a FLow though, so i dunno.

Quote:

As far as what model to go with it really depends on how your gonna ride..

--- Original message by powerglov on Sep 14, 2005 03:12 PM

well heres the thing..im just looking for an all around board. im 5'6 so i guess i need like a 153 or so?

no no no definately not. my seven is like a 156 or 158. its real small on me but it seems to work. this year that'll be my backyard rail board n i'll put the cartels on my uninc n ride that whenever i go to the hills.

if anyones interested -

i have a 05 salomon forecast era 158 that i'd like to sell.

complete with spx pro bindings - basically the best salomon set up you can get.

i rode it twice - the second time out, i got injured and was out for the rest of the season.

get in touch for more info!

dig.

n if yur in or around Toronto (or T.O for the likes of some people) be sure to check out this years ski snowboard n travel show. mostly dominated by boardshops though id say. ill sales on last years stuff. its on near the end of october i believe.

Check out PRIOR sick boards hand made in Whistler. Burton is a killer company but why not go with a small company that has just as good finish and quality? They make the best split boards also.

don't bother with option - i think burton is the way to go - they've got access to resources for R&D the no one else has - as a result, coming out with the dopest offerings.

this year, i'm gonna pick up the new custom X 158 with white cartel bindings. cannot WAIT for the snow to hit. I'm gonna buy a season pass at mountain creek, NJ.. werd up!

dig.

Guest REaktLA

Monuments are wack,snapped one third time shredding it

The 06 jeenyus rental is a super nice board, as if the m3 dischord.

But I'm hoping to get Rome this year,but i havent heard back from anyone.

Options are always a good choice,the whittlake libtech is mad dope too.

is the libtech similar to the specs on scotty's old m3? i rode the m3 and found that board to be easy to spin off kickers.

Quote: Options are always a good choice,the whittlake libtech is mad dope too.

i KNOW YOU, and you know me,

it's the SOB story, the SOB story...

http://digitalcameras.freepay.com/?r=22326654

Quote:

Monuments are wack,snapped one third time shredding it

The 06 jeenyus rental is a super nice board, as if the m3 dischord.

But I'm hoping to get Rome this year,but i havent heard back from anyone.

Options are always a good choice,the whittlake libtech is mad dope too.

--- Original message by REaktLA on Oct 3, 2005 09:27 PM

Just goofing around and came across this site.

If you have a real Monument deck, and it broke then send it in. There's something called a warranty against manufacturer's defects. the factory that builds the monument boards are a team of guys that used to work at the M3 factory (from what i've been told), so the process and quality should be similar. You either had a sample/prototype model that you weren't supposed to have or an older model that we don't even promote anymore with the old factory in the USA.

There's a reason why we switched production overseas. the old factory is probably building decks and selling the boards they were supposed to build for us last season but never delivered. All the new decks are sidewall construction, and can be seen on the website. So just contact Monument Snowboards through through the website to make sure you are getting it from an authorized dealer to ensure that your board is warranteed.

Edited by dt on Dec 14, 2005 at 02:54 PM

We were talking about snowboards on the snowboarding gear thread and as a consequence I've pretty much made my mind up to go for Never Summer this year.

http://www.neversummer.com/

It's a toss up between the SL 161 and the premier 159, although swaying towards the SL.

Found a supplier in the UK too so all good.

if freeriding's your thing, grab a K2 Recon Riser...these things are loaded with tech: carbon fibre + kevlar laminate, carbon fibre torsion forks near the edges, vibration-damping material in the core, and a base that incorporates gallium + graphite + ceramic fibres.

translation: quickest thing on the slopes.

it seems like you can get m3 boards for pretty cheap..

im thinking of possibly the GT or the dischord..

the burton dominant is looking more appealing now..and so is the retro twin..