Sites to order denim?

Handlethevibe

Listen up: I was just talking to a salesperson at History Preservation Associates, they who are the warehouse for Buzz Rickson/Sugar Cane in the states. They are about to ink a deal with a distributor which will bring those garments wider exposure in various high-end stores (he mentioned Barney's, for one). Once this happens that means that there will be another mouth along the food chain which must be fed. This will mean higher prices. Much higher. Try double. A pair of Buzz Rickson's 1950's style currently sell for $230. You do the math. Ouch! There's gonna be some very cool exotic denim items up on their website in the next couple weeks to entice you. This salesman figures there is about a six- eight week window before the new prices explode. If you have any interest in this brand, make your move soon.

http://historypreservation.com/hpassociates/sugarcane_2.php

It's all good. I'm also in the process of closing my deal with retailers/distributers in Japan and will be selling direct online Japanese denim brands/Japanese designers to US shores. Look out for my online boutique soon. BTW, the prices will very competitive to Japan prices...

Edited by djrajio on Sep 15, 2005 at 08:38 AM

No, actually, it's not all good. Know why? Because I'm not trying to spend over $400 on denim. Know why? Because at the end of the day, after all the discussion of fabic/design/treatment minutiae is over and done with, you've still paid over $400 for a pair of jeans. Feeling stupid yet? It's like dropping 10K on a large screen television. You've just dropped 10K to watch "Seinfeld". Don't make me laugh. If I ever put my ass in a pair of jeans cost me $400, those jeans better be sexually pleasuring me as I wear them. Until that day...

Yes seriously. I don't know why you are so angry or what your perogative is, but many models/makes can be purchased with shipping for less than 250. And no I don't feel stupid because there are plenty of people like himself who do have a passion and interest in wearing and enjoying high quality jeans including Japanese makes. I just want to provide others the opportunity to own and enjoy the same quality jeans that I enjoy here in Japan. Just relax.

headcase, get a grip of yourself man. nobody is forcing you to buy anything. no need to be calling names. i, for one, would consider a $400 pair of jeans if it's worth the money. at the end of the day, if you're willing to spend $400 for a pair of trousers, why not for a pair of jeans? or is $400 too much for you for a pair of trousers? i hear k-mart has pants for $12.99. if you're after functionality, go grab yourself a dozen pairs...one in each color of the rainbow.

"God is Dead" - Nietzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Nietzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

Quote:

djrajio i commend you for your business savvy and plan to be one of your first customers when the shop opens.

--- Original message by Downwithianbrown on Sep 17, 2005 12:31 PM

I'm with you. As soon as your shop opens up, I'm in :)

Quote:

It's all good. I'm also in the process of closing my deal with retailers/distributers in Japan and will be selling direct online Japanese denim brands/Japanese designers to US shores. Look out for my online boutique soon. BTW, the prices will very competitive to Japan prices...

Edited by djrajio on Sep 15, 2005 at 08:38 AM

--- Original message by djrajio on Sep 15, 2005 08:38 AM

That's fantastic. Any ETA for the store opening? Will you be stocking most of the "superfuture cult" brands? (basically, everything Bears sells...)