new store in tdot.............

doom

Fuck,

I've honestly had enough of you and your shit.

The man's sharing some knowledge for the people in Toronto. Hence the name of his thread is 'new store in Tdot'.

I, for one, actually care to hear about new stores and whatnot that happens in my city.

Since you hate Toronto so much, this information obviously isn't for you, and noone's putting a fucking gun to your head and forcing you to click on the link.

So why don't you fuck off and stop hating on everyone. Either that, or actually start contributing positively to this board and tell us what's really good in Vancouver..unless of course, there's fuck all there other than Richard Kidd and Livestock.

And don't even think of bringing up ALIFE cuz that shit ain't even open yet.

Quote:
Quote:

Is the "Canadian denim guru Syd Beder" going to be there for the opening?

WOW

--- Original message by notit on Sep 16, 2005 12:52 PM

no but your mama the "canadian ho" will be there for everyone!

WOW

--- Original message by protectthagoons on Sep 17, 2005 08:44 AM

LMAO

-don't hate, appreciate-

Quote: Fuck,

I've honestly had enough of you and your shit.

The man's sharing some knowledge for the people in Toronto. Hence the name of his thread is 'new store in Tdot'.

I, for one, actually care to hear about new stores and whatnot that happens in my city.

Since you hate Toronto so much, this information obviously isn't for you, and noone's putting a fucking gun to your head and forcing you to click on the link.

So why don't you fuck off and stop hating on everyone. Either that, or actually start contributing positively to this board and tell us what's really good in Vancouver..unless of course, there's fuck all there other than Richard Kidd and Livestock.

And don't even think of bringing up ALIFE cuz that shit ain't even open yet

shit, you "tdotters' sure got some class. keep it up punk. tdot's a ghost town.

the prices reflect the rarity of the items. some of these jackets are one of a kind. some were in production for like 2 months and then taken off the production line, this is the united states army in the 50's!

most jackets have been carefully selected by the owner and they are in very good condition.

these days most of the biggest labels are ripping off army designs anyways. why not get the real deal and pay less than the designer versions. i would.

the eclipse is nigh

your the fucking moron this word has been around for a while..stop hating on purpose..who the fuck do you think you are...you know nothing about anything Toronto heads get props all around..more props then you probably get in your home town!! where you from any how?? how about this keep your mouth shut...

any how

any one peeped the store yet??

"Brothers start to shake when i dig in the crates"

So I passed by the store yesterday....it's pretty nice setup..as ppl've said, all vintage military stuff...jackets, camo pants, some boots...some denim stuff..they've also moved some of the loomstate stock from delphic over to the new store...they were also carrying the limited edition 501's (not LVC) for some reason.....

Dunno how well stuff's going to sell though...i normally buy my army cargos in Kensington Market for $20..not sure if I'd be willing to pay $130 for something that LOOKS similar...especially as army stuff isn't normally made with the fashion conscious in mind.

Definitely not disputing quality and/or the appeal of vintage or original stuff, but I'm just curious to see how well the store does..

I went to the store yesterday too and was severely disappointed. My girlfriend has an army parka exactly like the ones at the store, but she paid about $50 (possibly even less), not $350. Nothing very exciting; I'm not sure if they're trying to appeal to military collectors or not (because they might pay $350 for a Korean War era army parka) but if they're trying to appeal to someone who just wants nice fitting military wear, they're going about it all wrong.

That said they had a Loomstate hoodie for $30 cheaper than TNT Blu, so my friend saved 30 bucks.

Collectors? It's aimed at people into fashion, not military collectors. The only people who would pay $350 for an army parka are those who care about its historical significance, and they would put it on display -- not put it on and wear it in the snow.

"Specialty boutiques" are no good if there's nothing worth buying.

Also, Uncle Otis is a joke. It stocks Stussy, Maharishi, Spruce, and a few assorted Ben Sherman things. So much for variety. Also the owner or at least the store's buyer is a 35+ year old rotund fellow who was wearing True Religion jeans and Nike sneakers and mentioned how he wears a Maharishi winter jacket. Absolute definition of trying-way-too-hard fashion victim.

the term "collectors" does not merely reference those that as you put it 'care about it's historical significance'...but also include a broad range of reasons why various people show interest and collect...

"specialty boutiques are no good if there's nothing worth buying"...this my friend is a matter of opinion...your particular interests may in no way align with one other's...what you consider "worth buying", someone else may consider a waste of time...and vice versa...

don't hate on Uncle Otis, they've been in the city since day one...they've paid their dues and aside from a few wrong turns here and there, have always been on point...if you've spent any significant time in toronto and can't show love to Uncle Otis, than you're a hater through and through...if you haven't been around, than you're excused...but really, should get a late pass...

Quote:

"specialty boutiques are no good if there's nothing worth buying"...this my friend is a matter of opinion...your particular interests may in no way align with one other's...what you consider "worth buying", someone else may consider a waste of time...and vice versa...

Of course! But you see, Klaxon Howl is catering to the "fashion" crowd -- and I doubt that their customers are really going to be concerned with the historical significance of a vintage army parka. They're going to care how it fits. (And most don't fit very well.) If they're going for a different crowd, then they should change some things.

I also can't believe you're using the term "hater" seriously.

actually, the purpose behind opening Klaxon Howl isn't to cater to the "fashion" crowd at all...the purpose of opening the store is far more simple...get your facts straight before you criticize cats trying to get over...

"i also can't believe you're using the term 'hater seriously"....i call 'em like i see 'em homie...

Quote:

Collectors? It's aimed at people into fashion, not military collectors. The only people who would pay $350 for an army parka are those who care about its historical significance, and they would put it on display -- not put it on and wear it in the snow.

"Specialty boutiques" are no good if there's nothing worth buying.

Also, Uncle Otis is a joke. It stocks Stussy, Maharishi, Spruce, and a few assorted Ben Sherman things. So much for variety. Also the owner or at least the store's buyer is a 35+ year old rotund fellow who was wearing True Religion jeans and Nike sneakers and mentioned how he wears a Maharishi winter jacket. Absolute definition of trying-way-too-hard fashion victim.

--- Original message by minya on Sep 25, 2005 05:12 PM

Sorry but that is bullshit in regards to Otis. Otis still stocks a lot of good stuff, much of which remain exclusives. Not to mention they're also good people.

I'm with Mindspray in regards to your other comments as well. By your logic why should anyone shell out money for vintage LEvi's? And why would they wear them?

Edited by Circa on Sep 26, 2005 at 06:27 PM

As I'd mentioned before, I'd visited Klaxon Howl on Saturday and while I appreciated what I saw (both in merchandise and the store itself), I'd be really curious to get a look at their business plan (fat chance, i know) and see how they defined their target market and customers.

I'm torn between deciding whether there is a market/demand in Toronto for vintage army surplus gear (at higher price points) or whether the owner came across a great stash of vintage army stuff that he got for a great deal and decided to open the store to push it out.

Obviously the first option is the more likely (duh) - I guess at the price points they're operating at, they'd cover their fixed costs easily...

c'mon, this is superfuture where you'll read "brutally honest independent reviews of selected shops and assorted establishments". if someone thinks it won't work it's their honest opinion. no hate. seems like a gang of us are so down to show our affiliations with shops that we forget this is an open forum. is that really necessary?

http://digitalcameras.freepay.com/?r=22326654

sure , you can get the same jacket for cheaper but the ones at c.h. are in superb conditionl. the ones in the market may have a tear here and a nice stain there etc.... i have checked most of the jackets and they smell nice and look nice! some of the jackets have never been seen before. matt carefully selected them and he has done a lot of research on them.

and no, i don't work for matt. i am just letting all of you know of a new store in toronto and also adding some details at the same time.

as for that goof who is dissing us tdotters, what comes around goes around!!!

peace

frog eyes is a sad pathetic cretin who needs medication!

doom does not work for matt. he just wanted to tell the peeps in toronto about a new store, that's all. he deserves the respect. he has always been the first to get the hottest gear. who was the first guy to have rogans? who was the first to get stone island? how about j lindberg? and belstaff? the list goes on........

yo, froggie, be nice and tell us about you beloved vancouver and its mad cool stores and what not!

don't be so negative or you may develop a severe case of piles!

the eclipse is nigh

Quote: doom does not work for matt. he just wanted to tell the peeps in toronto about a new store, that's all. he deserves the respect. he has always been the first to get the hottest gear. who was the first guy to have rogans? who was the first to get stone island? how about j lindberg? and belstaff? the list goes on........

agreed...don't forget matt and lena's first store...stocking duffer and all that before heads were ready...and to be fair, Steve G. was the man to put that fam on to Rogan...gotta give credit where credit's due....

Edited by MyMindSpray on Sep 29, 2005 at 04:12 PM