anyone ever tried fixing a super high rise

hansoo417

I got some RB11 not too long ago and they fit pretty well, but the back rise is ridiculously high. It's about 15.5" on about a 10.5" front rise. Has anyone tried getting alterations to cut off some of that extra denim to lower the back rise. I got em cheap used and i like the rest of the fit so i really want to keep these.

Actually... its possible from the inseam, but most likely you'd end up with the back pockets on the back of your thighs or something. Trying to take off the waistband and fix the yoke is not possible.

hmm didnt think of that actually. I actually did this with a pair of pants before. not only does it screw up ur pocket placement but it made the overall fit quite odd... (ie the part where your hips should be end up somewhere else, thigh elsewhere, etc).

^I wasn't actually suggesting trying the method, but simply that its possible to lower the rise that way. I would NOT try it. The fit ends up very strange. And it is very much possible to do it without changing the front rise, it just all depends on what fabric you're cutting out.