Denim Seminar @ Lileo Sat. Sept. 17, 10:30am

Everything you wanted to know about jeans...

Just to let everyone on SF know, if you are in the Toronto area next weekend we will be hosting a denim seminar at Lileo on Saturday, Sept. 17/05 at 10:30am. Hosted by Canadian denim guru Syd Beder, he will be covering all denim related topics from its history to various big name brands that have made jeans a household name, and even the various processes used in achieving different washes. Syd himself draws on his vast experience of over 25 years in the denim business working with lines such as Britannia (1970's), New Man (1980's), Big Star (1990's) and notably Blue System, Stone Island and A Gold E. by fellow jean guru, Adrianno Goldschmied.

This event is open to the public and refreshments will be provided.

Everything you wanted to know about jeans...

Just to let everyone on SF know, if you are in the Toronto area next weekend we will be hosting a denim seminar at Lileo on Saturday, Sept. 17/05 at 10:30am. Hosted by Canadian denim guru Syd Beder, he will be covering all denim related topics from its history to various big name brands that have made jeans a household name, and even the various processes used in achieving different washes. Syd himself draws on his vast experience of over 25 years in the denim business working with lines such as Britannia (1970's), New Man (1980's), Big Star (1990's) and notably Blue System, Stone Island and A Gold E. by fellow jean guru, Adrianno Goldschmied.

This event is open to the public and refreshments will be provided.

www.lileo.ca

Edited by Circa on Sep 10, 2005 at 03:26 PM

Answers to Q's...

If you really want to tape the seminar yeah, it's not a problem. As for an after seminar sale, we're currently not offering any promotions other than the same 50% off on all sale stuff we were doing before (this includes shoes BTW). Other than that please feel free to come down there's plenty of interesting stuff to check out. We have a bunch of the new Rag & Bone stuff, new Nudies (which are awesome), a new denim line from Japan called Kato which is some really, really amazing stuff and we just got the new PRPS gear today. Really too much stuff to mention.

minya, youre only going to find spruce and wings and horns at nomad @ 431 richmond

i remember going to lileo once for that art party/shop late thing they had and i was looking at a pair of jeans when all of a sudden syd comes up to me and says "those are great because theyre dark", i was kinda dumbfounded, here i am looking at $300+ jeans and that was all he could say about them, this is the same guy having the denim seminar?

Prices for PRPS are not available just yet. As for Nudies there are quite a few new styles available. Most ineteresting IMO are the Thinn Finn drys in Blue & Black, new destroyed linen blend RRs.

As for the above post by Youreit^

That's not true Spruce and Wings & Horns aren't just available at Nomad. There are a few other places that also carry those brands in Toronto, all of which have been mentioned on this board at one time or another. Haven't checked out Nomad recently but the new Spruce and W&H stuff I have seen is definitely nice.

In regards to Syd however, the guys experience is legitimate and in fact goes even far beyond what is listed here. AFAIK the man knows his stuff.

Edited by Circa on Sep 15, 2005 at 09:32 PM

Oh jesus , please stop it guys - come on "Canadian denim guru Syd Beder -" has anyone actually been to this shitty outlet store yet.

Everything is always 50% off - Maybe because the store is not working.

Wow it must be nice to be able to waste your friends / investors $ to help them with their Tax's.

it was friggin sick. the guy sid was so knowledgable like oh man. like im astounded. some things i learned...

- denims very first use was for sails

- 'serge d'nime' is a place in france credited with denims invention

- indigo is 'magical'. how it wears with wear, and is the only nonsynthetic substance that can dye wool and cotton (i think those are the two fabrics not 100% though)

i dunno im too drunk to remember too much right now. n i wouldnt wanna let all you lazy asses in on the stuff haha. kidding if i could remember id share.

but yea 30% off jean purchases just for going to the seminar. so i picked up a pair of thin finn's. gnar.