Dior Homme

CactusArmy

i don't think the stuff is crummy at all, i like the way the stuff fits. Maybe some people have an issue with the people that dress in Hedi's "lost youth" style or whatever. It seems pretty stupid to speak poorly of a group of people simply because their clothes are extremely expensive. There aren't really any cheaply priced alternatives to those clothes, I suppose some people would cite H&M as a cheaper alternative, but H&M stuff sucks in comparison both in terms of fabric and design.

Quote:

How are the quality of the shirts like? Like someone told before one of his shirts collar screwed up after washing...or was he just silly not to dry clean instead?

--- Original message by CactusArmy on Sep 10, 2005 03:58 AM

the quality is high IMHO, not to the caliber of Balenciaga dress shirts and such but still high quality. I can't imagine what would possess someone to not dryclean any Dior Homme article of clothing

Quote:

i don't think the stuff is crummy at all, i like the way the stuff fits. Maybe some people have an issue with the people that dress in Hedi's "lost youth" style or whatever. It seems pretty stupid to speak poorly of a group of people simply because their clothes are extremely expensive. There aren't really any cheaply priced alternatives to those clothes, I suppose some people would cite H&M as a cheaper alternative, but H&M stuff sucks in comparison both in terms of fabric and design.

--- Original message by ten100switch on Sep 10, 2005 03:59 AM

The crummy part was a joke. I have nothing against people with expensive clothes, but I don't like some of the people who buy Dior. It has nothing to do with how they dress.

tally-hoo

I didn't think you'd be DH fanboy #1 at all, if you were you'd bitten my head off for lack of knowledge in the first place lol

Those waxed jeans are sure nice though. It seems from what I have seen, the wax applied on the blue is different from the black. Some of the wax of the black version seems to peel while the blue wax jeans always seem nicely done. Is this just my imagination?

Quote: The crummy part was a joke. I have nothing against people with expensive clothes, but I don't like some of the people who buy Dior. It has nothing to do with how they dress.

That's pretty true (to me at least). I was so gungho about Dior Homme at first but then when I started seeing the type of people who bought it (mostly spoiled-rich high school kids who start acting like they're a dior homme model too), I kind of backed off. I'll stick to my other clothes - the ones that inspired Slimane in the first place.

Quote:
Quote: The crummy part was a joke. I have nothing against people with expensive clothes, but I don't like some of the people who buy Dior. It has nothing to do with how they dress.

That's pretty true (to me at least). I was so gungho about Dior Homme at first but then when I started seeing the type of people who bought it (mostly spoiled-rich high school kids who start acting like they're a dior homme model too), I kind of backed off. I'll stick to my other clothes - the ones that inspired Slimane in the first place.

--- Original message by wild_whiskey on Sep 10, 2005 10:54 AM

Really, Dior is BAPE only different. It bothers me to see the people in dior sneakers, dior jeans, dior tees and maybe also a dior jacket and a dior scarf, all at the same time, think they're the shit. What they're doing is essentially buying a style, and that's not cool. Where is the personality, the individuality, the hard thing about copying a runway outfit? That's fashion for the cookie cutter.

I'm very much feeling Hedi's nigo-like statement about the ppl buying his stuff.

Anyway, the stuff is good, even if the quality seems to have gone down quite a bit for this season, buy it if you like it, but dont be a fashion victim.

tally-hoo

Quote:
Quote:

Really, Dior is BAPE only different. It bothers me to see the people in dior sneakers, dior jeans, dior tees and maybe also a dior jacket and a dior scarf, all at the same time, think they're the shit. What they're doing is essentially buying a style, and that's not cool. Where is the personality, the individuality, the hard thing about copying a runway outfit? That's fashion for the cookie cutter.

I'm very much feeling Hedi's nigo-like statement about the ppl buying his stuff.

Anyway, the stuff is good, even if the quality seems to have gone down quite a bit for this season, buy it if you like it, but dont be a fashion victim.

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on Sep 10, 2005 11:36 AM

while I agree that anyone decked out in any brand head to toe is rather lame, in dior hommes defense though it is a much more "hidden" brand than BAPE, which relies heavily on graphics and logos. Save a few seasonal pieces, diors look is more about the fit and cut, I would rather see someone decked out in Dior homme (which I often do, but its so hard to spot sometimes you have to take double looks) than a colorful logoed mess like a BAPEr.

I think Hedi Slimane has done some serious fucking wonders for Dior Homme. I'm a thin dude too, so shit looks good on me. It's definitely for a certain body type, or else you come off as un-put-together.

And comparing Dior to BAPE is just plain wrong! I'd rather rock a subtle well cut Dior fit than some crazy candy colored BAPE monstrosity any day!

I do agree that you can’t wear any one brand from head to toe. It just reeks of trying way too hard.

http://www.tragicbliss.com

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

while I agree that anyone decked out in any brand head to toe is rather lame, in dior hommes defense though it is a much more "hidden" brand than BAPE, which relies heavily on graphics and logos. Save a few seasonal pieces, diors look is more about the fit and cut, I would rather see someone decked out in Dior homme (which I often do, but its so hard to spot sometimes you have to take double looks) than a colorful logoed mess like a BAPEr.

--- Original message by mouko on Sep 10, 2005 01:42 PM

Yes, that is true, hence why I said 'only different' :). Surely you could argue that Dior is a much more fashion-y brand and that Bape only sells because of marketed hype, but in the end I think Bape is just as much fashion, but in a different way, and for a different clientel.

Both brands appeal is in a way much the same though, it's hard to get. High prices, low availability keeps the interest up, and that is how the human mind works. The harder something is to get, the more desireable it is. It's also a way to be different and a sign that you care and put effort into how you dress. The irony is that many take it much too far and become the cookie cutters they loathe.

Tragicbliss, I am in no way comparing the product the brands put out :)

tally-hoo

Edited by horriblyjollyjinx on Sep 10, 2005 at 01:57 PM

Dior Homme is not only for thin people. As long as you are of reasonable build and height you can carry almost everything off (except the jeans, which even girls can fit into them). The style is subtle, yet cool. It doesn't matter who wears them. Loads of people wear Gucci and Prada and whatnot but in the end, whoever carries the gear best wins. So, give it a try. Why does it matter that trust fund babies are wearing them? They might not look as good as you in the stuff.

I think a lot of people are take aback at the price but honestly you can't find a sub for Dior Homme. Head to Paris for slightly cheaper prices.

This is all random.......

Quote:
Quote:

it's true i hate to see a person from head to toe in one brand that is simply lame, i remember when vondutch was popular, i seen kids have cover them self head to toe in von dutch, it was fucken gross....i like to see personality in them not just a tool of a brand.