PSP Games

hamham3001

I've spent more hours playing with my PSP than I have spent playing any other console. Mostly during high school classes (almost every school day for ~3 years). I don't know how people got through classes back in the day.

games worth trying:

DJ Max Portable 1

DJ Max Portable 2

Patapon

Me and My Katamari

**There's a bunch of great games which I have omitted because they are not compatible with my attention span. The listed games are great because you can pick them up and put them down whenever you want. I'll give a full list later.

Crisis Core looks promising, but I don't know japanese, so I'm waiting for the english release.

btw, if you like tekken, get the PSX version - it's only ~60MB.

and if you haven't already, get a few emulators. nes, snes, genesis; it's like childhood all over again.

I've wanted to do that for a while, got the PSP for free and never had much use for it until I picked up SFA3, but what exactly is needed to get emulators on it? I've tried looking around the net for answers and never found anything concrete that I could trust.

I noticed the Castlevania collection, sounds good, is the SOTN portion an exact port of the PSX one? I've been hoping it's the Saturn version with some extra stuff. I've been playing said PSX one a lot lately, great game that's aged really well.

I don't want to play online, but infinite randomly generated missions sounds pretty good.

The SOTN in Dracula X Chronicles is a slightly changed PSX version. Its mainly the voiceovers that are different. Im not hardcore enough to notice the other slight differences. But the Saturn extra rooms definitely aren't there.

Emulation is great. Especially PSX. Just don't expect to play any game that uses even a single analog stick, as you already need the analog stick for L2 and R2. Some more options for rebinding the keys would have been great, along with separate profiles for each game.

I thought the story in Silent Hill origins was crap, which pretty much ruined the game.

Also, the Tekken on PSP is my favorite one ever. I don't care if its less balanced than Tekken 3 or some stupid shit like that (which you only notice after about 3000 hours of gameplay), but the Dojo mode is really fun because the opponent AI is very good at being similar to my skill level. They fall for a few cheap tricks (back+triangle with christy gets them half the time) but other than that its great.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...