Help with Printing Tees

daikonyama

Hey guys,

Need some help with printing t-shirts. Starting it off just for fun, but would like to try and yield some decent results. I pretty much have zero knowledge on the topic, but wondering if anyone can point me to any good resources or have any thoughts from personal experience? Like procedure, etc...?

Thanks!

http://www.tragicbliss.com/blog/archives/2005/07/how_to_screen_p.php

Apply the above to fabric, but take into account thread counts and chemical types. Google is the king of these internets for a reason, so I suggest you try there first.

eBay is also a good place to check for used equipment, i.e. stations, drying racks/table/whatever, pantone, etc.

Do it yourself is fucking punk rock dude. Good luck.

http://www.tragicbliss.com

do a search here in superfuture for "screen print" and "t-shirts", it's discussed in detail.

If you need anything else, e-mail me.

ps, where are you located?

Can I ask you something? These sunglasses: they're really nice. Are they like government issue, or do you guys all go to the same store together?

Hey, Tragic nice website. Man that looks like a lot of work ; )

If I've got something in more color in mind, it would probably be better to just do those printed iron-ons, huh? Is there any tradeoffs with something like that (aside from being completely ghetto by trying to use some crappy color printer)?

Dag, I'm in Canada.

You can use any color combination of screens you want. Get crazy. It's all adaptable. Anything worth doing is a lot of work.

And put it this way. Would you rather rock a sick silkscreened shirt, or one of those shitty iron on heat transfer prints you cop from places like Sav-On?

http://www.tragicbliss.com

Edited by TragicBliss on Sep 8, 2005 at 09:01 PM

Stencils can be fun to. try getting some folders from the bookshop and use the plastic covers to cut out the design, then dab or sponge roller textile over it onto the tee. 2-3 colours look good to, you get that good home made look

Does anyone know the cost comparison for getting t's produced in the US vs. produced overseas, say China. I'm sure labor and land is cheaper, but also considering shipping and quality control would it be worth producing overseas for shorter runs of t's. Or, only worth doing large runs of t's?

I'm so self-conscious...

• 1 month later...

don't know much about it, but i think it'll only be worth it for the large runs, because of the shipping prices, tax etc.

and i have a question to: i'd like to try to make my own print on a hoodie from like the h&m, the grey one, any help would be appreciated, and it's just for fun, and friend and me just had this tought so,

''Don't be afraid to do stupid things, cause íf things wouldn't be stupid, everyone would be doing those things ''.