Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

Just got my 24oz jeans last week and the crotch has some kind of seam coming out :(

I'm disappointed.

Is this anything I should be concerned about? It seems like they just didn't fold over enough fabric with they sewed it up.

Id be a bit concerned with that for sure it I bought that as a new product. I'm sure you can return / call NF for replacement.

Just got a denim Naked Famous shirt which is awesome.

Same rules apply? Don't wash for a couple months?

I would wash your shirt (deodeorant build-up and b.o.would be heinous), but I like the enthusiasm. Maybe try wearing undershirts and wear the crap out of it. I agree the N&F shirts are awesome I have one, but it's the mulit-color check cotton button up, so I haven't tried breaking it in. haha. I love the idea though. (when i brandon going to make denim jackets!?) I think that your shirt is chambray not denim. You can tell by the weft. An easy rule is that denim has a weft, while chambray has none. I may be wrong though, I think N&F does have a denim oxford.

shameless plug: I'm selling 2 pair camo denims. 220 shipped. check me out.

Id be a bit concerned with that for sure it I bought that as a new product. I'm sure you can return / call NF for replacement.

getting a new pair of the same might not be sooo easy. There were only 200 pairs made. The 24oz was a very special N&F jean.

http://www.nakedandfamousdenim.com/news/new-loot/24oz-selvedge-special-edition/

check the link

Thanks for the advice folks.

Yeah I emailed Brandon and he said probably shouldn't be too concerned about it, but if I like I can send it to Montreal for repairs, no charge!

I'll probably end up doing that as it looks like it is a result of crotch pressure...

getting a new pair of the same might not be sooo easy. There were only 200 pairs made. The 24oz was a very special N&F jean.

http://www.nakedandfamousdenim.com/news/new-loot/24oz-selvedge-special-edition/

check the link

That's awesome blazingazn. I'm glad things worked out for you. I'm wearing my 24oz'ers right now. I really do love them. Made in the USA, baby! I'm super excited for them to start breaking in so I've been wearing them everyday and biking in them. Probably got over 50 miles in them already and two weeks wear. I've never posted denim pics before but I might with these. I'm so focused on these pair I'm selling my camo and citrus weft denims.

Anybody check out this link yet?

http://blackandtannedny.wordpress.com/2010/07/26/capsule-ny-naked-famous-denim/

32oz denim that stand up on their own?! CRAZY! But, I heard these were gonna be pretty expensive.

Momotaro collaboration?! I almost popped a boner in my 24 oz denim!

Thanks for the advice folks.

Yeah I emailed Brandon and he said probably shouldn't be too concerned about it, but if I like I can send it to Montreal for repairs, no charge!

I'll probably end up doing that as it looks like it is a result of crotch pressure...

yeah i've heard about those.

the employee at the naked + famous x times profile shop in Vancouver said Brandon brought them by on a visit and they are like that naturally!

Apparently they become wearable, but after a wash they gets all stiff again.

They are very expensive though, so not many people will get their hands on those.

^have you owned raw denim before?????

yes there will be knee bunching, the only way to avoid it is to not ever kneel down in your jeans, which is fucking rediculous. when you soak / wash / wear a bunch it will soften up. I've always felt it was a badge of honor which separates raw denim wearers from the normal public. comes with the territory no?

got myself a pair of elephant WG's yesterday. great weight for the winter time in Canada. For reference, I tried one of their orginal WG's (the dark indigo one i think in 13 or 15oz weight), and i fit a 29" snug. However when i tried the elephant which are 19oz's i had trouble buttoning up the top 2 button. 30" however fit snug.

That's awesome blazingazn. I'm glad things worked out for you. I'm wearing my 24oz'ers right now. I really do love them. Made in the USA, baby! I'm super excited for them to start breaking in so I've been wearing them everyday and biking in them. Probably got over 50 miles in them already and two weeks wear. I've never posted denim pics before but I might with these. I'm so focused on these pair I'm selling my camo and citrus weft denims.

Anybody check out this link yet?

http://blackandtannedny.wordpress.com/2010/07/26/capsule-ny-naked-famous-denim/

32oz denim that stand up on their own?! CRAZY! But, I heard these were gonna be pretty expensive.

Momotaro collaboration?! I almost popped a boner in my 24 oz denim!

Lenaert from Benzak Denim Developpers made me a laptop bag out of that 32 oz (pre-soak!) denim. It's incredibly stiff, but super nice woven (on a carpet loom, as he wrote me)!

857.jpg

858d.jpg

859d.jpg

You gotta love this selvage line :-D

sany0143n.jpg

That's a mother of a fabric!

Probably a bit over the top for everyday use, even in full winter.

I see 32oz more like a novelty or a collector's piece.

It reminds me of those super tough carpets at ikea.

How's the "hand" of your laptop bag? Soft, or baluchistan carpet grade?

personally, i think 21-24oz is the maximum realistically useable weight in a pair of jeans, but i have to admit that if i had (i wish) the money, i'd buy the 32 anyway. No doubt a conversation piece with fellow denimophiles, or an immediate label of "weirdo" with any other company

It's stiff as hell. My notebook fits in perfectly (as it was made to its measurements), but I have a hard time putting it in. The fabric is so stiff, that it keeps straight when I lay the empty bag on the edge of a table and put some weight on the end of the bag (if you know what I'm trying to say).

It really doesn't seam to get creases without pure violence. And keep in mind, that it will be 34 oz post-soak, like Lennaert wrote me!

Yes, there's no fabric I know that feels like that, but I can't imagine wearing pants made out of it. The production and sewing is a challenge, too.

As I wanted to have some piece of it as collector's item, likeyou wrote, we came across the idea of a sturdy laptop bag...

I could find more uses than just wearing.

I would buy them as a piece of modern art to stick in my loft...lol just have them standing in a corner.

Or id use the stood up jeans as table legs and put a piece of wood or glass on top. Just add bar stools for a great impromptu bar table.

Really though, N&F world tour should have waited for the release of these jeans, I would have enjoyed the pain on everyones fit pics...

Cool laptop sleeve BTW yo, jealous.

Hey guys,

I´m on the way to purchase a pair of Skinny guys in elephant selvedge. I got two pairs of WG´s before. Thay are size 38W and these I only find in 36W. Are they snug in the waist or will they stretch out?

I don't know about stretching as i'm not wearing mine until next southern hemispehere winter (and maybe a couple of brave break-in sessions in autumn), but i can tell you that the advice i found here to go TTS with the skinny guy cut was precious.

If you're a natural 36 go for it, otherwise you'll have a pair of very heavy and unwearable jeans. If your actual size is 38, forget about being able to put the skinnies in 36 on. Stretching or not.

If you don't mind sticking to the same cut, the WG in elephant selvedge are available too, provided you can find a 38, that's a surefire way to get a pair that fits

just my 0.02 (in Ozzie currency)

Lenaert from Benzak Denim Developpers made me a laptop bag out of that 32 oz (pre-soak!) denim. It's incredibly stiff, but super nice woven (on a carpet loom, as he wrote me)!

Thank you sooo much for posting the pics of your laptop sleeve. That thing is rad. I really like the close-up of the selvedge.

Or id use the stood up jeans as table legs and put a piece of wood or glass on top. Just add bar stools for a great impromptu bar table.

Cool laptop sleeve BTW yo, jealous.

cool idea for a table, Z. I tried to stand my 24oz'ers up today I couldn't do it without leaning them against something. I was right about to take pictures when my camera died! Oh well, something to do on my next day off.

Can anyone help a brother out?

I've been searching for some weird guy elephants in a 28/29 like crazy! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi jonthoj,

I could pick up a pair for you but you'd have to paypal me money first. I'm not going to front a stranger. I think they are $158 +9.75%tax + shipping.

PM me.

Does anyone have an idea as to how much the 32oz are? Isn't the Momotaro a seperate jean altogether?

I heard a rumor that there are only going to be 5 pairs (one size run) and that they are going to be $2500. THe Momotaro is a different jean, yes.

I've had my weird guy indigos for 3 weeks now, sized down 2, getting some knee bunching on my left leg. I am 6 foot, 160lbs, I sized 29.

Any ideas on how to get rid of the knee bunching? also do I leave the inseam that long or do I just let them stack? I maybe wear them like 2-3 times a week... is it just a matter of wearing them more often to break them in order for the knee bunching to go away?

should I cuff the inseam or just let them stack?