Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

buy what you like, but I've never had any problems with several pairs of naked and famous, in fact they're much better quality than the APCs I've worn. no disrespect but these jeans must have been sized pretty damn small or this certainly wouldn't have happened. without pretty substantial pressure being applied to those areas I can't imagine they'd have popped.

I'd rather buy from a brand that takes pride in their craftsmanship and fabric as opposed to one that's only gimmick is they source their fabric from japan, quality or not, focusing on quantity

just my personal opinion, yes they're cheaper than most other brands.. I'll give them that.

Most legitimate argument against Naked & Famous I've heard.

Edited by Shoreman

someone was worried about getting their heavy weight denim since they didn't have much experience and was worried about their quality..I can say I'm disappointed in the quality, at least in the elephant denim.

On the other hand my deep indigos WG have had no problems and the quality is pretty damn good. I've never owned any other denim costing more than N&F like those other japanese denim so I can't compare their quality to em.

So if you like normal weight denim I'd deff give N&F a shot.

but i believe they need to have better quality control. do they just make them and throw them in a bucket once they're done or does anyone even look at them to make sure everything is ok??

Edited by LckyChrmsBBoy

I have had 0 issues on my sized down 2 21oz BIG editions apart from the button, which they were quick to rectify by sending me a bag of 5 different buttons to choose from. No quality problems on my neps though... Looking forward to trying on some Weird Guy High's when my local retailers finally get some. Hoping they make them in more than just the two colors right now.

I have the 24oz and the 21oz Beige Weft WG's (the BIG denim, just no BIG related branding). I have only had a problem with the 21oz, a stitch blew on the fly (I was doing lunges at the time mind you). The 24oz are strong as all get out. I have 4 other pairs of N&F and other than a button blowing after a few months haven't experienced a major issue. The rivet may have been casted poorly (a bad batch) or applied poorly. Both sort of point to poor craftsmanship but you can't completely right them off for a few isolated issues. I'm also quite sure that if you took them into wherever you got them the guys @ N&F would make good.

Posted · Hidden by spike27z, January 4, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by spike27z, January 4, 2012 - No reason given

I have a pair of E2's that were worn twice than I'd consider getting rid of. They're a size 28, but the length was hemmed so they might be short for most of the guys on here (I'm 5' 6")

whats the inseam length?

Again, I have a pair of sz-32 3lephant 2's in WG's for sale or trade. Worn five times with an initial soak. N&F make decent quality stuff for the price (collaborations are the best but cost as much as good Japanese denim basically).

I wear a pair of 18 oz denim so much it's not worth my time to wear the N&F, but I could easily in crappy weather and frankly probably the last time I mention them or they go into the vault.

Please measure and compare to your existing jeans.

Like the APC thread, people on here get super pumped about skinny styles and nut hugging or something.

Also if you're younger, deal with it, you'll get fatter. It's called life. So what fits you now won't down the road.

PPS, I own a blanket lined N&F Workshirt and it's awesome for serious winters. I wear it with a henley in -10 no problems.

Elephant 2's less than 1 week of wear. Croth by the fly blew out like a maniac. looks like the thread was removed it pulled out so clean.

photo-5.jpg

What do now? With all the problems ive seen on here id rather just get refunded or compensated with a different style. I dont want to have to pay to repair this and i dont think i should have to. And if i do get this fixed whats just pop out or off or apart next?

Comments please.

anybody got nep selvedge eve pics? curious how "hairy" these things get

They lose the "hair" in wear ares my stacks have some hair and like the white knots show too. My friend said it looked like i was sitting in a paper shreader and covvered in little specs of paper lol