Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

damn.. everyone who copped a pair of hemp blends got lost quicker than that "year without a wash" guy.. what happened w/ these? i got a pair from blueowl en route..

Edited by jus schilling

My friend has some. They're kind of rough at first but with minimal wear they end up being really soft. His have barely faded with daily wear and he got them the day they were out but I don't think he wears his jeans very hard.

damn.. everyone who copped a pair of hemp blends got lost quicker than that "year without a wash" guy.. what happened w/ these? i got a pair from blueowl en route..

My friend has some. They're kind of rough at first but with minimal wear they end up being really soft. His have barely faded with daily wear and he got them the day they were out but I don't think he wears his jeans very hard.

hemp is so strong . . . it will be interesting to see how they hold up against stretching and normal wear & tear . . .

thanks man! yeah, before i pulled the trigger i had to hit up jay at blue owl.. he pretty much said the same thing.. they get soft super fast but are durable.. he said fades would be subtle too.. i just couldnt pass these up.. i dont even get treed like that or anything.. just the green selvedge and brown weft and whole concept really interested me.. like with everything else, i plan on wearing mine hard as fck tho..

on a side note.. brandon seems to be wearing them in a lot of photos/clips.. they look crazy nice, and you can see some wear/creases and such setting in..

maybe i posted this on a wrong forum.. but i remember somebody somewhere saying he got some and posted pics of them brand new.. was just curious how they aged, fading and such..

i dont know if theyll be produced again and everywhere is running low on them.. ill keep you guys updated on any progress..

hemp is so strong . . . it will be interesting to see how they hold up against stretching and normal wear & tear . . .

yeah dude! strong and weighing in at only 13 oz's.. im in the desert right now.. perfect for some summertime steez outdoor action.. def taking these into the wild.. ill let you guys know tho..

yeah dude! strong and weighing in at only 13 oz's.. im in the desert right now.. perfect for some summertime steez outdoor action.. def taking these into the wild.. ill let you guys know tho..

wow are they really nice and light for a summer jean? most stuff, even the 14 oz stuff is super heavy to me when it's humid out . . . then again, there is none of that in the desert!

be sure to take / post lots of pics!

im only assuming as of now.. since it got hot out ive been wearing 12.5 natural indigo revival.. most breathable jeans i think ive ever put on.. even more so then anything that wasnt raw.. so im assuming with it just being a .5 oz's more and the fabric becoming soft quickly, that they should be good for me.. will def do updates w/ pics.. the last guy who bought a pair, but never updated, said that they seemed like they were going to age well.. so fading or not, im still psyched about owning these..

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I just got a pair of Elephant 2s in Weird Guy (even though I ordered Skinny Guy) and they fit to where I can barely button the top button. The fly buttons hurt like hell to try to button. Anyway, I've gathered that some have said these stretch out about an inch in waist and thigh while others say the denim barely budges due to the thickness. What, if any, is the general consensus as far as stretching goes?

they do stretch mate. i got the skinnyguy for the E2. could not button top button at first, after few days of making the button holes bigger by pen knife and putting pens through the holes, im able to button all of them.

waist should not be that big of a problem. the thigh is more important if you feel that in that area?

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I just got a pair of Elephant 2s in Weird Guy (even though I ordered Skinny Guy) and they fit to where I can barely button the top button. The fly buttons hurt like hell to try to button. Anyway, I've gathered that some have said these stretch out about an inch in waist and thigh while others say the denim barely budges due to the thickness. What, if any, is the general consensus as far as stretching goes?

i wore mine unbuttoned at home for a week stretching the holes with pens before buttoning the top 2. 2 months in i got bored and decided to try the 3rd hole and it worked. well i did that because 1) it was hard to button 2) the thighs fit tight and i didnt want the waist to stretch. check your button placement because some have buttons not aligned very well and if you try to button them itll put too much stress on the seam and rip it.

The thigh is fine - it's slim but still comfortable. I'm just worried about the waist, but I'm sure a belt can help to prevent too much stretching, yeah? Funny thing is, my Weird Guys are a 32 but measure 31" out of the bag.

did you measure it aligned or with the dip?

How do yours feel now? I measured with the dip.

Lol that's exactly why you're not getting the right measurement. Measure it aligned. Look at the blueingreen measuring guide.

I stopped wearing it recently because it's getting too hot but they're still stiff, just not as much as before. My ass part is soft and fading fast from biking/sweat. The waist hasn't stretched for me much because it wasn't super restricting to begin with and I belt. You can see my pics on ele2crew.tumblr.com

You should adjust your stacks to your liking now before they settle and it's hard to fix, especially since they're so stiff

Edited by TooAwesome

All these posts about e2's is getting me nostalgic, remembering how my e1's looked and felt the day I got them. I've since given them away because I lost a bit of weight, but at this point they are faded to near-white at the knees, seat, etc, a soft light blue everywhere else, and they're soft and fuzzy like a blanket. I wonder if the e2's will ever soften up that much. If you showed the average person my e1's and a brand new pair side by side they would never believe it was the same denim at one point.

That said I'm already working on a heavy-weight denim so.....

^ god.. gotta love the way the back pockets on the wg's look when the indigos gone..

got my hemps in today.. pretty much as expected.. the green selvedge, the brown weft, and light brown/tan stitching look was really what i was going for..

at first, seemed like any other raw pair to me.. way heavier/stiffer than my 12.5 oz revivals.. they had more in common w/ 14 or 14.5oz jeans.. never realized how big of a diff. .5 oz's makes..

whoever copped these way before and posted on either here or styleforum, had said that they had an itchy feel to them.. they do sort of.. but not so much that it makes it uncomfertable to wear.. and im sensitive to shit like that.. its subsided a little since putting in a days wear, as well as softening up, as theyre supposed to do quickly.. just staying hot in my non a/c'd house in the desert.. doing some yard and garden stuff and things we all do to break in a new pair..

i had to size down on these.. according to blueowls chart the actual waste in a 28 is a 29.5 (usually wear 29's tagged skinny guy).. i couldnt get the top buttoned buttoned.. it took less than a minute of marching in my room to get it to button.. so needless to say, the whiskers and combs have set in already due to tightness.. there is also a LITTLE wear on my wallet.. since i put my ipod behind it.. and was out doing work..

bottom line.. is i can see them fading.. jay said they would.. just nothing "super contrasty", is how he put it..

ill skip any fit pics, since theyre just a skinny guy fit.. im more concerned w/ the aging process..

also just wanted to give a report since these went quick.. even n&f is out.. so expect sales here soon.. and on some other s/s n&f peices..

also, i really only fcks with blueowl at this point.. a lot of jeans i order, you can get tons of places.. i made it a point to do this when i saw how jay interacted with folks on the styleforum and his on point measurement chart.. thurs early afternoon we were shooting emails back and forth.. he responds 10 mins tops.. i placed my order mid afternoon.. they were sent out later in the afternoon, and on my doorstep this afternoon.. thats how all of my experiences w/ blueowl have been.. so on point..

kloop on the other hand? could careless about you or raw denim.. youre not saving much with the repcodes or anything.. blueowls shipping is free priority.. and you get points for each order over 100.. you could save money on a pair of momos, cool n&f collabs, and heard they were going to start stocking baldwin too..

ill post updates on these as needed!

^ god.. gotta love the way the back pockets on the wg's look when the indigos gone..

got my hemps in today.. pretty much as expected.. the green selvedge, the brown weft, and light brown/tan stitching look was really what i was going for..

at first, seemed like any other raw pair to me.. way heavier/stiffer than my 12.5 oz revivals.. they had more in common w/ 14 or 14.5oz jeans.. never realized how big of a diff. .5 oz's makes..

whoever copped these way before and posted on either here or styleforum, had said that they had an itchy feel to them.. they do sort of.. but not so much that it makes it uncomfertable to wear.. and im sensitive to shit like that.. its subsided a little since putting in a days wear, as well as softening up, as theyre supposed to do quickly.. just staying hot in my non a/c'd house in the desert.. doing some yard and garden stuff and things we all do to break in a new pair..

i had to size down on these.. according to blueowls chart the actual waste in a 28 is a 29.5 (usually wear 29's tagged skinny guy).. i couldnt get the top buttoned buttoned.. it took less than a minute of marching in my room to get it to button.. so needless to say, the whiskers and combs have set in already due to tightness.. there is also a LITTLE wear on my wallet.. since i put my ipod behind it.. and was out doing work..

bottom line.. is i can see them fading.. jay said they would.. just nothing "super contrasty", is how he put it..

ill skip any fit pics, since theyre just a skinny guy fit.. im more concerned w/ the aging process..

also just wanted to give a report since these went quick.. even n&f is out.. so expect sales here soon.. and on some other s/s n&f peices..

also, i really only fcks with blueowl at this point.. a lot of jeans i order, you can get tons of places.. i made it a point to do this when i saw how jay interacted with folks on the styleforum and his on point measurement chart.. thurs early afternoon we were shooting emails back and forth.. he responds 10 mins tops.. i placed my order mid afternoon.. they were sent out later in the afternoon, and on my doorstep this afternoon.. thats how all of my experiences w/ blueowl have been.. so on point..

kloop on the other hand? could careless about you or raw denim.. youre not saving much with the repcodes or anything.. blueowls shipping is free priority.. and you get points for each order over 100.. you could save money on a pair of momos, cool n&f collabs, and heard they were going to start stocking baldwin too..

ill post updates on these as needed!

that heat must be killer. i had a new pair of wg deeps that i wanted to put 30 days into before summer really set in with the heat. i was able to do that from 4/6 - 5/6. you might want to try something similar, even if it is only for a few hours every day. i think even that on/off, laying around, sleeping, etc. will help to get things settled before too long.

great updates, and jay really is one of the best!

Here are some pairs of Deep Indigo's just past the 6 month mark

These are mine

1 soak

Almost crotch blown

20120510_164023.jpg

My friend's - His is so much nicer in fades

also just past 6 months

no soaks

20120518_131908.jpg

20120518_132333.jpg

Wow

Super great work on both pairs

Wann see them again over the next years

And let your friend know not to wash them as long as possible!

Really nice shiny raw denim color on them!!

Elephant 2

SL380006.jpg?t=1337103302

Those look amazing too.

Just unbelievable great character the way I like it most!!

that heat must be killer. i had a new pair of wg deeps that i wanted to put 30 days into before summer really set in with the heat. i was able to do that from 4/6 - 5/6. you might want to try something similar, even if it is only for a few hours every day. i think even that on/off, laying around, sleeping, etc. will help to get things settled before too long.

great updates, and jay really is one of the best!

it always sucks having to break in a new pair during summer.. but on the plus side, heat = sweat plus activity makes for some pretty sick wear pretty fast.. i did this in summer with a new pair of unbrandeds.. slept in them every night.. skated a bunch, walked a lot, etc..

you still going strong on wg's? ive always been a denim guy.. but when im in the southwest i always liked my lightest most beat up pair for the summer.. so no shorts, basically.. if they make them in wg's, id recommend the natural indigo revivals.. seriously never owned a pair of more comfertable breathable jeans.. and that says a lot.. id wear my levis till theyd just completely give.. they arent stiff at all.. the material is weird.. like almost fishscaley (not that gross).. it got not even cold.. just cool.. a few weeks back and i was too cold in them!

some people are die hard.. and i guess if i could see myself being that way, if i came across a pair i really was into right now.. like the dudes on indigoroots.. holy shit.. theyre mostly in indonesia.. really humid and hot there.. and i dont think they know about anything thats not like 18-24 oz denim year long.. those kids are nuts, id die!

it always sucks having to break in a new pair during summer.. but on the plus side, heat = sweat plus activity makes for some pretty sick wear pretty fast.. i did this in summer with a new pair of unbrandeds.. slept in them every night.. skated a bunch, walked a lot, etc..

you still going strong on wg's? ive always been a denim guy.. but when im in the southwest i always liked my lightest most beat up pair for the summer.. so no shorts, basically.. if they make them in wg's, id recommend the natural indigo revivals.. seriously never owned a pair of more comfertable breathable jeans.. and that says a lot.. id wear my levis till theyd just completely give.. they arent stiff at all.. the material is weird.. like almost fishscaley (not that gross).. it got not even cold.. just cool.. a few weeks back and i was too cold in them!

some people are die hard.. and i guess if i could see myself being that way, if i came across a pair i really was into right now.. like the dudes on indigoroots.. holy shit.. theyre mostly in indonesia.. really humid and hot there.. and i dont think they know about anything thats not like 18-24 oz denim year long.. those kids are nuts, id die!

i still rock them, and they are my go to jeans at the moment, when weather and social things permit. i kinda switched to shorts for the time being if it's really hot out. i wasn't happy about it at first, but i've gotten used to it.

i really wish that they did make those natural revivals in wg, i would definitely own a pair. that is one thing that i hope they create in the future. the wg fit is really spot on for a lot of people, but it does get a tremendous amount of love with other fabrics and collabs.

yeah.. but you guys got dem back pockets.. not to mention, most of the cool collabos.. no shame in shorts.. i just cant pull them off.. too tall, too skinny.. plus doesnt really go w/ my style.. id always be thinking "i could be putting time into my jeans right now" anyway.. lol..