vacation rentals/apartments in san diego

areyouin

Hi! 2 Swedes (19 years old) are going to San diego on vacation for 2 months in march to surf and party!! Could anyone recommend any good vacation rentals at a maximum of 1200 USD (monthly). On beach or beachclose is high priority. Which areas is prefered? We have considered La jolla and pacific beach.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Check out craigslist for vacation rentals.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/vac/

Your major problem is going to be you budget. You're going to have difficulties finding a place for $1200 a week, let alone $1200 a month. You may also want to check out craigslist's rooms/shared section. Maybe there are some other Scandinavian surfer dudes looking for a couple of roomates!? ;)

Good luck!

Yeah, if you're on a 1200$ budget for rent you can most definitely rule out La Jolla. You may be able to luck out with Pacific Beach, which sounds like a prime spot for what you're looking for. The beach, nightlife, etc. all right there.

oh man, I wish I came across this sooner. I don't know why people like, or recommend PB. Its so fucking trashy, and not even san diego to me, but maybe that's why the tourists adore it. I would have said Ocean Beach. it reminds me of a coastal berkley, but not as intelligent, or elitist.

well, I hope that you get a chance to spend time inland, southpark, northpark, unversity heights, hillcrest (maybe). downtown can even be cool. but perhaps from the goals you originally stated (surfing) these hoods might not be ideal. also, if your surfing, go north to blacks beach and areas around that, PB is shit for waves.