Raf Simons Paris F/W 08.09

goldengloves

2205288842_29cfd05aa5.jpg

I like this and a few other of the looks. Like most, i'm a bit lost on the footwear. Nothing crazy, but i like a few items, namely a knit or two, a few jackets. Not really into some of the weird rise pants.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it should be the other way around, seeing as prada kind of ripped him off in milan.

um, have you seen the nylon coats with velcro closures for spring? or the furry sweaters?

this is boring as hell. and whats up with those shoes in the second picture? i know raf did a thing with eastpak last season, dont tell me he has a fucking collaboration with teva now.

um, have you seen the nylon coats with velcro closures for spring? or the furry sweaters?

this is boring as hell. and whats up with those shoes in the second picture? i know raf did a thing with eastpak last season, dont tell me he has a fucking collaboration with teva now.

You know, it's funny you mention the eastpack thing, because that was something I was looking forward to seeing again in this collection but....there's nothing. WTF.

looking back at this after sleeping, i have to say, i am really disappointed. just like servo said i was grasping for something and just finding things i didn't like with this one. i only really like the trousers. there are a few other ok pieces, nothing great. on the other hand i looked back at spring and i really love it. looking forward to seeing the buys on that anyway.

also, looking back t his older fall collections makes this soooo much more disappointing.

I've just been getting into fashion so this is honestly only the second Simons collection I've seen. What are some of his best lines that I should look up so I can try to see better why you guys find this boring and disappointing? I love a lot of the sweaters and suits and think the outerwear is fantastic, I don't like the footwear but outside of that it's one of my favorite f/w lines so far.

mpcec...

its not super terrible in the grand scale of things, just raf babe is an amazing tallent and this really doesnt cut the mustard like the rest of his stuff.

rafsimons.com, but archive is all video.

men.style.com see a few older ones

catwalking.com get a password bitchtits

Objectively speaking, I think that the individual pieces are very interesting in specific ways, but the various elements just don't mesh together. The necklines on some of those sweaters are pretty nice, but those super-slim silhouettes just don't go together. While I certainly thinks it's very wearable, it just doesn't seem up to scratch.

I like the trousers and big shoes, I have the feeling everyone will be wanting that kind of thing soon, it reminds me of early 80s revisiting 60s mod, with added gimmicks, but maybe it's just me.

Have to say that this collection is really growing on me, especially after seeing some details.

It somehow reminds me of CDG/Junya might be the shoes...

Only thing is that all those supertight tops will look really fucked up on someone who's slightly too "not skinny" for them.

And now lets watch the consensus turn and lets blame overlit style.com pictures and a few weird jackets.

I think the detail shots are very interesting indeed. The fabrics look amazing and I think the whole thing looks very forward but it's still anchored in the present by using familiar elements and strong past influences (do I make sense?). I think it's just cool.

Holy Fuck! Those bandaged pieces are fucking amazing!

Love all detailed pics actually!

Thanks!

Yeah the detailed pics are interesting (especially the bandaged shirt), I still think the collection is awful but Raf is very talented...

A few of the detail shots are nice but haven't swayed my view on the collection. The bandage wrap pieces, as interesting as they are, just create really awkward silhouettes. Regardless of how slim the pants are.

rafknitwithaccessories.jpg

I think the "wrapping" effect works best on the neckline here, so they still could make great layering pieces.

Overall though, still fairly dissapointed with the collection overall.

i must admit when i first saw it i did think he realy aint pushin the boundaries like others have said ,however the more i look at it the more im starting to like some of the knits and coats which im sure will look even better in person.Although i aint sold on the oversized sole shoes??..

just my 2 cents.