The Orphanage (El Orfanato)

weirdnjfan1

Any else seen this film yet? It's the newest film from Guillermo del Toro, the director of Pan's Labyrnith and Hellboy. I can honestly say that it's on of the creepiest movies that I've seen in a long time, but by creepy I mean just down right scary. The way that this movie was shot, makes you keep guessing what's going to happen for start to end. It seems that it's so good, that Spain has submitted it to the 80th Academy Awards as a foreign language film. Has any one else see this film?

Edited for word errors.

Saw this a few days ago and it was excellent, Del Toro is quickly turning into a favorite of mine. This movie had moments that were scarier than any horror films I've seen in recent memory.

Also after the movie my friends pranked me by putting a wooden scare crow stand up at my house (with a face like Tomas)

Del Toro did not direct the movie nor did he write the script. It's heavily marketed as "his" movie but he is just the producer. I think the movie is actually the director's debut feature, which makes it all the more impressive.

Ditto. His names just all over it because of Pan's labyrinth and all the stupid Americans who don't want to read subtitles.

that trailer makes it look really boring and uneventful.

I saw this movie last week and did not think it was anything special.

I am a fan of exploitation and Italian horror films so I suppose I am desensitized and not easily creeped out.

There was one death scene that was pretty awesome which caught me off guard, for those who have viewed this you probably understand what I'm referring to.

But overall, this was a dissapointment to me. One of my friends hyped this film way too much.

im also a big fan of outside the norm horror and exploitation flicks but i still thought this was pretty great

one or two pretty great scares, a lot more genuine suspense than other similar movies as of late

director has a promising future if he keeps this up.

Ditto. His names just all over it because of Pan's labyrinth and all the stupid Americans who don't want to read subtitles.

Haha I must be one of those stupid americans. I'm not big into movies so I never really pay attention to the roles the name associated with it usually play. But looking at imdb Juan Antonio Bayona is the Director and this seems to be the biggest but not first thing he has done, and it also seems to be one of the few screenplays written by Sergio G Sanchez.

I'm actually happy to hear that this wasn/t written/directed by Del Toro as this just gives me another foreign Director from whom I can anticipate good future projects.