APC Spring 2008

marquischacha

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate the website changes.

I don't really understand where A.P.C. is going with this most recent collection. Very little of it makes sense to me in the context of their past, superior, collections.

Looking through the women's collections it seems that they're trying to hit some 70's "naval" notes, and I can see that they did create a sort of "deconstructed / minimal-ized" version of that, but it's just not really appealing to me, regardless. The womens is superior to the mens.

Might look into a pair of the narrow jeans, though.

Mostly all really wearable but kind of thrown off as well. Women's stuff wasn't as strong (or at least not my thing) as year's past. Maybe partly because i really dislike the drugged out looking 70s girl and really miss the cute fair skinned redhead from last season. I think more than anything i can't stand the fucking website. I can't see below their calves and trying to look at all the individual items is a pain in the ass.

All and all, i like some of the pants and 1 or 2 of the light jackets.

I just had a look through the physical S/S catalog the other day and it looks MUCH better than on the website. More/different pics, more stuff, and you can actually see the full-length shots. I don't know about the quality, but I actually like the styling on the shoes. They might not be crazy hip, but they seem like they wouldn't go out of style on you, either. I believe they call that sort of thing "classic".

I want the military jacket, but fuck $360. Highway robbery for such a thin and simple garment.

I was able to see the full body shots by switching to full screen mode on the browser (F11 for those not in the know). Also closing any tabs might help, but who wants to do that? Clothing wise, that parka's money.

BTW, when did they start manufacturing their stuff in China? I bought a sweater from FW and didn't bother to check the tag, and, surprise, Made in China. SOB.

.BTW, when did they start manufacturing their stuff in China? I bought a sweater from FW and didn't bother to check the tag, and, surprise, Made in China. SOB.

I like this collection much more than some of the recent ones, but the price increases, offshore manufacturing and drop in quality all nix any purchases for me (at least until sale time).

APC is turning into a more stylish Thoery.

I like this collection much more than some of the recent ones, but the price increases, offshore manufacturing and drop in quality all nix any purchases for me (at least until sale time).

APC is turning into a more stylish Thoery.

This may be a nice collection, but A.P.C. to me has lost more than a little bit of the spark that really made it A.P.C. for me. I think a more apt description would be Theory x A.P.C. at this point. It feels to me that they've begun to lose their core values and have become something more along the lines of Final Home. A passable, and intriguing streetwear brand that lost its own core values, that of "survivalwear" innovation and conceptualization.

BTW, when did they start manufacturing their stuff in China? I bought a sweater from FW and didn't bother to check the tag, and, surprise, Made in China. SOB.

FYI the parka I got at blackbird was made in Romania, the sweaters were made in China (I think, not 100% sure about that) and the hoodies were made in India. Weird that the rain parka isn't on their website, though.

I was able to see the full body shots by switching to full screen mode on the browser (F11 for those not in the know). Also closing any tabs might help, but who wants to do that? Clothing wise, that parka's money.

Most but not all knits are MIC now. The only one I bought in fall was mauritius as most of their past knits have been and though not stellar still markedly nicer hand that the china ones. They do have production everywhere though, my tie is italy, belts are france and my buddy's knit from last year is france as well. That one is amazing, apc is still wonderful.

There are quite a few things I really like from this collection; both trenches, the parka, the buttoned jumper, the leather derbies, the leather bag.

I'd like to pick up a pair of those grey jeans, however the smallest size they have on the site is a 29, which will be too big. Bah.

I'm digging this collection too. I want to see what else they have that isn't in stores. I'm hoping the short trench also comes in black besides the blue shown on the web. The boy scout shirt, grey jeans and narrow herringbone trousers are definite for the spring/summer.

Something I think it hot but would never pay full price for is the speckle Wool/Acrylic sweater for $310. That's like more than double the price a yarn composition like that should cost.

Also kind of feeling that porter bag.