APC Spring 2008

marquischacha

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The parka will be mine and it's cotton so it's not waterproof not sure why you would assume so. The bag is really nice in person, look for both in an upcoming rp post.

The price isn't bad, however the shoes are ridiculously priced not blackbird's fault. They look like the low top version of my boots and mine were only 387.

How the fuck is cotton gonna be waterproof? It seems to have a coating but that doesn't mean you can withstand a storm in it and remain dry.

In speaking with Tyler last week, we agreed it is probably water resistant at best and the labelling is merely an issue of semantics so no point arguing a speculative point further.

Either way, if it fits it's mine.

It is called a "rain parka" on Blackbird. Can't much imagine the theory behind a "rain parka" that isn't waterproof.

As jet mentioned, water resistant would probably be a better term. Until I can further investigate, I just removed specific terminology in the post to prevent confusion. It is really lovely, though. Today was pouring down rain/snow and I was really wishing I had the jacket...

i really like that rain parka. i think the shoes are great, too, but i won't be copping. is it just me, or should apc prices be about 20% lower than they are?

You can thank the exchange rate/weak USD for that. FW07 and previous seasons were probably purchased at a 1:1.25 or lower exchange rate, now the SS08 will be purchased at 1:1.49.

How the fuck is cotton gonna be waterproof? It seems to have a coating but that doesn't mean you can withstand a storm in it and remain dry.

In speaking with Tyler last week, we agreed it is probably water resistant at best and the labelling is merely an issue of semantics so no point arguing a speculative point further.

Either way, if it fits it's mine.

I have a W&H spring jacket that is 100% cotton with some type of water resistant coating. I've been through some pretty heavy rains and I've never gotten wet, but I wouldn't want to be outside for hours in it, though. If this APC coat has something similar you're all set to go.

I have a W&H spring jacket that is 100% cotton with some type of water resistant coating. I've been through some pretty heavy rains and I've never gotten wet, but I wouldn't want to be outside for hours in it, though. If this APC coat has something similar you're all set to go.

yeah seriously, and if you are outside for hours with a actual waterproof jacket, you pants are soaked by then anyways

Saw the rain parka over at the San Francisco Barney's all the way in the back. IIRC, the lining is 100% cotton, but the outside definitely isn't. It's some mix of poly materials.

BTW, IIRC, they had a cropped khaki pea coat, a striped sweater t-shirt, pants, button up shirts, navy zip up cotton jacket/cardi thing, and the rest is beyond my memory. The mediums of the rain parka and tee weren't on the rack, or they're sold out.

Saw the rain parka over at the San Francisco Barney's all the way in the back. IIRC, the lining is 100% cotton, but the outside definitely isn't. It's some mix of poly materials.

BTW, IIRC, they had a cropped khaki pea coat, a striped sweater t-shirt, pants, button up shirts, navy zip up cotton jacket/cardi thing, and the rest is beyond my memory. The mediums of the rain parka and tee weren't on the rack, or they're sold out.

The lining on the parka we have is 100% cotton. The body lining is, off the top of my head, a rayon/cotton blend and sleeves are cupra/something else.

We have it left in XS, S, XL.