hollywood trading company

Chicken

my gf and i dropped by the denim doctors at hollywood trading co on beverly blvd today. (i needed some repairs on my omnigods.)

IMG_1232.jpg

was a really nice store with cool vintage items. robert, who runs the store, was really enthusiastic and fun to chat with. was also pleasantly surprised that the nice girl who worked there was from japan.

IMG_1211.jpg

interior

IMG_1224.jpg

a bunch of cool vintage boots and leather goods

IMG_1219.jpg

they also sell new rrl stuff. solid looking redlines, some with hair on hide patches. and saw some great type ii's, also available in kids' size.

IMG_1220.jpg

some nice rrl western shirts. and a bunch of vintage denim.

IMG_1210.jpg

they're known for their original belts. and they also had vintage motorcycle pants by chicken leathers. sweet.

lots of cool toys at this store. will post how the repairs on my omnigods come out later on.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

beatle, your pm was replied.

m1ster, i forgot exactly how much they were, but i believe they were around the same range of what you'd expect from premium japanese jeans. i've heard of denim fans saying this before, but robert echoed the sentiment that these are probably the best usa made denim nowadays.

viking -- definitely should meet up soon. about the store, robert was telling us that he bought the store from another guy about six months ago and upgraded it to something with more vintage flair. i had no idea.

6mt, are you at the rose bowl around now?

^ just realized last night that the store in denim style book 2 that sold cheap mondays and stuff just a year ago or so was the same store. i now know what you mean.

btw, don't know why i forgot to mention this, but they also had a bunch of deadstock cat's paws in original boxes at this new htc. few different models, too. more cool stuff.

I actually walked past it last week, but I believe it was closed. Either way I just came from Mister Freedom's and nothing against HTC, but everything pales in comparison, really...

Still If I would've had more time in LA I would've dropped by for sure and probably enjoyed it alot.

And ofcourse thanks for the pics Chickadee...

i haven't been to mister freedom's and would love to. but even without being there, i have a feeling they're trying to find a slightly different niche. (like by selling the RRLs.) i think there are numbers of fine vintage joints in this town, they all probably have to do something a little different.

i'm not a vintage expert, but the price point seemed more on the reasonable side than many of the vintage stores (and booths at the rose bowl) i've been to in big cities.

I actually walked past it last week, but I believe it was closed. Either way I just came from Mister Freedom's and nothing against HTC, but everything pales in comparison, really...

YES I agree about this in a way. HTC isn't really much of a dedicated vintage leather store, BUT comparing Mr. Freedom to HTC is really kind of unfair as HTC carries alot of items superfuture-wise that Mr. Freedom doesn't like to touch. For example, they used to carry cloak, also cassete player, whyred, etc. HTC is also more L.A. female fashion friendly.

I mean, one of the HTC guys (owner?) has been selling items great sale items on supermarket since forever.

They also have some nice parties. More images:

649954733_1c9ab82280.jpg

650819660_27cac20e23.jpg

649971691_2309a49754.jpg

p.s. Chicken, how long will you be in L.A.? Let's try to do another huge meetup during the Hangar sale @ barneys in february.

htc has really changed in the last year and a half. i started going there about that long ago to get my jeans chainstitch hemmed. i've probably brought in at least a dozen pairs. they've done an absolute beautiful job on each and every pair. back then they used to carry more new lines vs the vintage stock they have now. zippy, the owner, really cares about his customers too. there was a misunderstanding that caused me to have to make an extra trip to the store (i live about 45 mins away so it isn't exactly the easiest trip to make). he was informed about my disappointment and called me personally to apologize. kudos to zippy and crew for making the effort to treat their customers right and create a cool store.

beatle, your pm was replied.

m1ster, i forgot exactly how much they were, but i believe they were around the same range of what you'd expect from premium japanese jeans. i've heard of denim fans saying this before, but robert echoed the sentiment that these are probably the best usa made denim nowadays.

viking -- definitely should meet up soon. about the store, robert was telling us that he bought the store from another guy about six months ago and upgraded it to something with more vintage flair. i had no idea.

6mt, are you at the rose bowl around now?

well, yes sir i was.......

x-post from the denim repair thread.

i just got my omnigods back from hollywood trading co.

they fixed my back pockets and my crotch which were coming apart.

top row is befores, bottom row is afters:

IMG_1387.jpg

before...

IMG_1182.jpg

...and after.

IMG_1379.jpg

before and after:

IMG_1390.jpg

and before and after:

IMG_1392.jpg

now -- the crotch seam is nice and clean again:

IMG_1391.jpg

now -- pockets have no holes...

IMG_1396.jpg

...and are reinforced and ready for more abuse.

IMG_1383.jpg

i think they did a great job, and at a reasonable price. very happy right now and looking forward to wearing these again. but not until the sufu contest is over, i guess.

YES I agree about this in a way. HTC isn't really much of a dedicated vintage leather store, BUT comparing Mr. Freedom to HTC is really kind of unfair as HTC carries alot of items superfuture-wise that Mr. Freedom doesn't like to touch. For example, they used to carry cloak, also cassete player, whyred, etc. HTC is also more L.A. female fashion friendly.

I mean, one of the HTC guys (owner?) has been selling items great sale items on supermarket since forever.

asuzano, perhaps? haven't seen him around these parts lately.