Leathercrafting Creations: PYC

OptimaDies

Just sent a silver/black keyhook off to wild style and a card case to riff. Once I get a few more card cases made, I'll start a FS thread...

I switched mine from the rivet to a Chicago screw and am liking the look.

keyhookssm.jpg

they're not very thick, but thanks for bringing that up. I've finally designed and started making some satchels:

This one's a small pouch, 4" x 6", inspired by a sailor's pouch I saw up on Cape Cod. It's just enough to fit a phone, small camera and notebook. The shoulder cord is still in the works, it's probably going to be some sort of hand spun and twisted waxed cotton. I've also made it so you can wear it on your belt :)

4368474448_56ec6abe83.jpg

4368474744_e1242002b5.jpg

4367728849_c9419924ac.jpg

and a medium satchel. It's 9" x 7", and I've done a built in, riveted phone pouch on the inside. I'm awaiting hardware for it's shoulder strap, this is another one from my camera pouch.

4368476688_f34b24eaf3.jpg

4368478896_48eed3a149.jpg

4368479392_937446d146.jpg

I like those satchels a lot, corter. I've been wanting to make something like that for my daughter. I wonder if a week is enough time to get it done in time for her birthday :)

I like those satchels a lot, corter. I've been wanting to make something like that for my daughter. I wonder if a week is enough time to get it done in time for her birthday :)

it's all in the design. I probably spend 4 times as much time designing as I do making my stuff, because I like things really simple and functional (with style, of course). you could totally do it in a week!

what size would you make for her? i have some left over designs i could scan and post if you need help/ideas. looking at old military and sailor's bags helps too, they tended to have the same beliefs of simple functionality. Even if they're in canvas or fabric, you can usually translate em to leather fairly simply.

thanks for the kind words guys! I'm really excited to be doing things like this, and I'm in the middle of designing the large satchel, so I'll post that when it's done .

Corter- I know what you mean about spending so much time designing. It's so much easier making something the second time around. Thanks for the offer for the designs. I have a few other things I want to incorporate, so I may give a try at one myself.

I am a big fan of simple functionality as well. I wouldn't mind adding a little decoration to my stuff, though...

Just recieved my buckles, so showing wat I have for belt selection.

Leather used is 15oz Veg Tan premium belt. All metal in stainless steel.

Classic Sliver Buckle

BeltsSilverSet.jpg

Classic Thin Silver Buckle

BeltsThinSilverSet.jpg

Brass (non-shiny) Buckle

BeltsBrassSet.jpg

Roller Buckle

BeltsRollerSet.jpg

Square Buckle

BeltsSquareBuckleSet.jpg

Oval Plate Buckle

BeltsOvalBuckle.jpg

yeah tandy doesnt really have any for standard belt sizes. looked around but couldnt find any so i got stuck with the leather loop keeper.

i actually found some on ebay made by tandy but not being sold by them?? i emailed the seller to confirm sizes... we'll see i guess.

wow great pickup. how heavy of a leather can it stitch?

I'm not sure yet... it was made for shoes so I imagine pretty thick.... Maybe I can sew my own re-soles on my boots?!

That would be so much fun to mess around with. I bet it would also be great for sewing canvas and other heavier materials.