Places to check out in Philly

papa smurf

go to the superfuture shoplist for philly, all of the obvious spots are on there. pm me if you want specific reccomendations. my favorite store in philly is I. Goldberg (13th & Chestnut), its an army/navy surplus and outdoor store. The basement is filled with surplus and always has cool stuff for mad cheap.

also, check out yelp.com for reviews of stores, restaurants, etc.

• 7 months later...

random bump...

I'll be in Philly friday night and need some recommendations. I'm going to see a show with a friend and we need some bars/dumps to check out after. We'll be at the wachovia center so is there anything in that area? I've never been to Philly sober and I want to keep it that way.

grab a cab into center city after the show. i usually go to eulogy bar, it's like 2nd and chestnut. there are a bunch of other bars in that area so you can walk around, but eulogy is def my favorite for belgians. last time i went, out of no where, the bartender poured my gf and i shots of jameson and insisted we have one with him on the house.

Eulogy, Monk's, or Zot are all very good Belgian style bars, each have many beers available on draft and hundreds in bottles. Last time I was at Eulogy, Igot Chimay Blue and Duvel from the tap. Belgian bars are good if you like to drink well, but they get expensive

I also like Tattooed Mom's on South Street, which is a definite dive, but cheap beer (PBR) and nice fried food. Standard Tap, Johnny Brenda's, and 700 Club out in the Northern Liberties are divey but nice and the first two have good food. Khyber in Old City often has live music, cheap prices, decent local beer list, and well-made mixed drinks.

don't go to eulogy

go to monks

seriously

and stay the fuck out of old city (south of market) on a friday night

though north of market on a first friday will yield free wine and beer

all the galleries will be open, courting your liver

monk's looks good, i'll check it out

galleries sound great but today is the last friday not the first so probably no free beer