Worst Bike Accidents

powerviolence

when i was 16, i was at a friends party and real drunk and decided i was hungry so me and a friend of mine went to the convinience store with bikes. I decided that going as far as i could and trying to do the longuest bunnyhop was very fun. unsurprisingly, as i was looking at my feet and not the road and was fairly drunk, i rear-ended a parked car. i smashed my head on the trunk and my front teeths went through my lips. i destroyed the tail lights with my knee, did a flip and ended up on the street. my friend was fucking traumatised, then brought me convinience store to get cleaned up. the fucking clerk thought i had just gotten my ass kicked so he wanted to call the cops, but i didn't wanted to cause i had fucked the car pretty well and didn't wanted to pay for it...

anyway, i came back to my friend place, put a little ice and continued partying. the next day, i had a big familly dinner and everyone kept making fun of me cause i couldn't eat properly as i couldn't close my mouth and kept drooling. ended up going to the dentist the next day cause my front teeths were a little loose. they happened to be broken at the root so i was lucky that i didn't lose them, but i had to have braces for like 6 months so my teeth could heal. + i had made fun of all of my friends who had had braces in the past and 16 is pretty old to get braces so i fucking payed...

learned an early lesson as to why you shouldn't drink and drive...

Where to start...

-The most foolish. Riding home late after a lock-in. Hopped up the curb behind a parked car and rode straight into a horizontal metal bar which came half way up my front wheel. My hands didn't even get off the bars and I did a full scorpion on my face. Result, straight to casualty.

-Broken arm this summer, looped out of a full speed manual and landed on the point of my elbow.

-Meniscus tear, came off a rail early and managed to land sitting on my leg which was bent back underneath my body.

-Separated a rib from my sternum after crashing and putting the bar-end into my chest.

-Haematoma on my hip after pedalling too early out of a roundabout.

-A couple of concussions including waking up at the bottom of a vert ramp wondering what had happened, I don't ride vert any more...

-Shinners to the bone a few times, they fucking hurt.

-2 Dislocated shoulders, must. not. crash. with. arms. out.

my homie at a party was a little drunk and saw my friends younger brother bike, try to ride it and managed to flip the bike over and did a face dive into the concrete, broke his 2 front teeth and gash his lip pretty bad. he didn't smile much after that.

Stupid kid shouldve done a 180 skid...

Worst of mines, were last year...

1) Tried to beat the light, and didnt... Made a left turn, slightly after the light had turned red. Passed up 2 cars, then got T-Bonerjams03 by a Miyata. Stood up right after and checked my bike. Slightly knocked the wind out of me, but fucked my front wheel.

2) Riding home at night after getting a veggie burrito from Chipotle (bomb ass fuckin vegetarian burritos.) God hit from behind my some old fuck, who was rushing home to get dinner home. Turned around, and saw his headlights right behind me.

Dumbass cops wrote the police report in his favor.

3) I was in SF, and was gonna prove that I could skid perfectly fine without cages. (When I first started to ride.) I go out to the street, and try to skid right away. My thigh his the bottom of the drop bars, and I eat it. Glasses fall off, hat falls off, cuts my bar tape up. And guy was most likely thinking, "FUCKIN NOOB HAHAHAHA."

That was my most embarrassing fall

4) I was jamming down Market Street to meet the kids. Some lady walks out right infront of me, and I swerve out to get out of the way. My front wheel locks up in the cable car tracks, and I fall. Hit my head for the very first time. Mad people were like "OMG IS HE ALRIGHT??!" But went about their day as soon as the crosswalk turned to Walk. That was a pretty lame fall. Im sure some local riders saw that, saw a couple walk by, or they couldve just been hipsters. Who knows.

Yea. Falls suck.

When I was around 8 or 9, I decided to go out riding against my mothers wishes with a friend. We got the great idea to ride down this incredibly deep slope infront of a man-made creek around my house, my friend insisted that we switch bikes, and I fucking hated that kids bike, his handle bars were pushed way forward and I never felt comfortable riding his bike, but he kept badgering me, so I just let him ride my bike.

He went down first, with no incident, on my bike, with normal handlebars, skid to a stop and was done. I went, traveled about 10 feet down, lost control, flipped over the handlebars, and onto the ground, hitting broken tree limbs, rocks, brush, bushes, all that shit, I finally made it to the end, falling into the creek, unconcious. He had to drag me back home while I dipped in and out of conciousness, I finally got home, my mother sent me to bed, I woke up several hours later, passed out in the living room for another few hours, then finally got my bearings together just in time to go to sleep.

School pictures were like, 3 days later too, so I had to go in with a bunch of scabs from all the cuts I got falling, all over my head. It sucked. Worst thing about it was my mother had to say "I told you so" and I got punished for going out. Fucking lame.

i was riding to my dorm at night, got lost, and ran right in to a electric fence (well, just one wire actually about handlebar height.). amazing wonder trying to untangle my metal bike from the wire and getting shocked. i actually saw little sparks as it was night, wonderful drunk stupid wonder.

you know those bridge on top of freeways? well me and my friend were racing down it, and i didnt wanna get on the streets so i stayed on the sidewalk. i thought i can swerve past the lightpost and the electricity box, but i thought wrong. i skidded off the hill and almost hit the freeway. luckily only my elbow was scrapped and if i wasnt wearing my racing gloves i would have probably lose the skin on my knuckles.

my homie at a party was a little drunk and saw my friends younger brother bike, try to ride it and managed to flip the bike over and did a face dive into the concrete, broke his 2 front teeth and gash his lip pretty bad. he didn't smile much after that.

I think breaking teeth is one of the most brutal things to happen, shit looks ugly and hurts like a biiitch!

you know those bridge on top of freeways? well me and my friend were racing down it, and i didnt wanna get on the streets so i stayed on the sidewalk. i thought i can swerve past the lightpost and the electricity box, but i thought wrong. i skidded off the hill and almost hit the freeway. luckily only my elbow was scrapped and if i wasnt wearing my racing gloves i would have probably lose the skin on my knuckles.

never bike on sidewalks, narrow path with lots of obsdstacles (ive hit my arm and legs on lightposts...IT HURTS)

and I dont know where you live, but I think it's illegal to ride your bike on the sidewalk, because it's considered a motor vehicle

so just nothing good comes from that;)

Never had a bad fall, yet..

I've had my bike come out from underneath me twice this winter. One time I scraped my knee a lil/tore a hole in my denim, the other time fell on my ass and my wallet tore a hole in the rear pocket.

I'M OKAY THOUGH

i used to bmx, so i was at this skatepark one afternoon. went up the ramp to transfer into a bowl. around 15 feet high n started to go down. my front wheel touched first. uh oh. went over the handlebars and smacked my face on the pavement and my bike rolled over me. i layed there, the tongues of little kids echoed. OOOHHHHH and laughter was clearly heard. more embarassed then hurt.....not one of my best days.

• 3 weeks later...