Let's revive the APC Denim thread - no one goes to supercult!

john11f

Quote:

But whats the deal with the Standards having a regular rise while the New Standard having neither high or low rise. I dont want black raw denim I was hoping for indigo in new standards but I guess they are standards now but whats the deal with the rise? I hate high rise jeans.

--- Original message by greentalks43 on Sep 1, 2005 02:53 AM

They aren't high rise.

The important thing before I report in... my position.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

I mean kinda like what all these new rock bands wear, e.g. razorlite, but what I really don't want are drainpipes. Fitted but with good room at the top, but skinny at the bottom. I was just wondering if the new standards are what I should get.

Edited by tommib on Sep 1, 2005 at 03:18 AM

--- Original message by tommib on Sep 1, 2005 03:16 AM

you should get acne mod.

tally-hoo

Quote:

Nope, they are like Levis 501's they just wont go out of style. The pure simplicity of the design is what will make it stay for a good while.

--- Original message by greentalks43 on Sep 1, 2005 02:39 PM

i think that's a bit of an overstatement...but it's just good quality, comparatively cheap denim. i don't think people will 'rep' apc quite as much, but i don't think it's gonna get silly like, say, evisu.

Thanks for the comments! The other day when I had to machine wash them to get an oil stain out, I thought they were ruined! Today after work I was thinking they look really good! I thought I lost a lot of contrast, but it is amazing how flourescent bulbs can fool the eyes. These jeans show all natural abrasion, there are some intentional chemical and paint drops. I work in a winery, so they see a lot of abuse. Expediting the process with sandpaper looks too unnatural IMHO. If you have the time to wear the jeans, that is the best way. These were washed every 2 months in really hot water with Woolite Black. No agitation, just a rinse and a hang dry with no ringing. Then, about 2 weeks after the 6month wash I got oil on them from a ghettoblaster overhaul and followed a recipe to get the oil stain out which included a machine wash (there is a thread about this). here they are a week later

Carpe Denim! (not the jean brand silly!)

1123865699585_selvage_edited.JPG

Forgive my ignorance but what would a hot water wash do to the denim? What does it mean when you say no ringring?

Unfortuantely for my APC English, our helper washed them prematurely before I wore them hard. It's now 3 months old and I don't know how it will turn out in another 3. But personally, I think I'll wear my APCs not as distress as other people would want them. I think it's perfect for casual ocassions that doesn't require slacks or a suit.

I have a Nudie RRs dry selvage that I'm determined to work on the distressing.

Hey Serge they look awesome. Are those new standards? I really like the way they are wide up the top and slim at the bottom. I'm still in some confusion about the APC website. Are those the jeans that are now called just 'Standard' on the site, and if so how come they look so much straighter on apc.fr? Thanks, Tom.

The new standards are dope..

the rise is perfect, the hardwear is perfect, the cut is near perfect, and the price is reasonable. Perfect jean to make your own mark on.. I just bought a pair yesterday.. I've been wearing fucking diesel fankers for the past 6 years.. i'm glad i made the update.

unfortunately, they're kinda long - for the cuff action I assume.. I never rolled my jeans before, but somehow I don't feel stupid rolling these..

dig.

what does cold water do to jeans then? opposite of hot water?

Cold water does much the same as hot water, just at a less intense/slower level. For example you may need to soak a pair of jeans for a few hours in cold water to achieve the same shrinkage as soaking them in hot water for half an hour. With cold water, you'll lose less starch and colour. A long cold water soak is probably the least intrusive way of pre-shrinking jeans at home.

and when you say washing? does it mean actually washing the jean or letting it soak in water?

Washing can mean both. If it's for pre-shrinking a pair of new dry jeans then it usually means just letting them soak. Otherwise if could be soaking them in several changes of soapy & clean water with no scrubbing and wringing (like handwashing cashmere sweaters) to a full cycle in a washing machine. There's no rules.

What will happen to my APC English selvage if I wash them regularly? It's been accidentally washed twice already anyway so I won't be getting the same contrasts/fading as the experts post here.

Any other alternatives how to work on them in a way that will make them look nice?

^^^you have too much dry denim yout workin on right now...lol.....just wear one of your pairs and you'll be happy. you can still get plenty of fading and contrast with washed apc's it just takes longer.....cool looking jeans wont appear overnight.....

F**K HYPE

solecollector.com

getlifted.net

overstand.net

if you wash your apc's regularly, they will just fade all over and there won't be as marked contrasts. however, it's not too late. just keep wearing them for as long as you can (6+ months, then wash in hot water), starch the jeans every so often so the contrast lines are more pronounced.

the alternative is to take a fine grit sandpaper to them, do this while you're sitting down so you can see where the lines are. just go over them very lighly at first. then take your jeans off, hang them at a good distance and see how well the proportions worked out. repeat if necessary, but try not to over do. pumice stone works also, but i've yet to try that route.

of course, the best way is the natural way. no pain, no gain.

"God is Dead" - Nietzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Nietzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

i fell out of love for a quick second with my apc english's. i just looked down one morning after id slipped them on after a long period of not wearing them and wearing my tighter jeans. i just looked down and thought man these are too baggy. they fit so tight up at the top like around the hip area. i cant even get my hands into my pockets (makes answering a cellphone real tough)... but i made a slight adjustment to the cuffs by making then smaller, and ive been wearing the apc's since pretty much. i need to get some starch spray asap. how much should i spray them? how wet should they get with the spray?