Freezing Your Jeans ?

Joshua James Barry

Someone recently told me that freezing your raw or selvedge jeans, by putting them in a plastic bag inside your freezer, is a good way to keep them clean, without washing them. Saying that it kills the bacteria that would be accumulated whilst wearing them for long periods of time.

Can anyone validate this for me ? I've never even heard of this theory before.

Sounds ridiculous.

the freezer method was recomended a bit when i first joined this site, but not to clean, but, as was mentioned, to kill the bacteria/smells. if you pull them out of teh freezer and they are still filthy dont be surprised.

On the ISS Forum somebody recommended putting your jeans in a bucket of water then putting the pucket into the freezer to make the jeans stiff again.

Somebody try this and get back to us.

anti-bacteria Lysol kills HIV and herpes.

Really? i gots to get me some of this shit... stat!

anti-bacteria Lysol kills HIV and herpes.

Really? i gots to get me some of this shit... stat!

last week it was freezing and i put my joints on the line after a hot soak. i went outside hours later, and they were frozen stiff. they havent stood up like that since their initial soaking. and no, freezing them will still leave them as dirty as they were before, if you didn't @ least soak&rinse them first. you cant freeze off dirt. if you wear them on the reg you wont have too be scared of water. there is no "magic process" water will not wash away indigo that you havent broken down through some sort of abrasion... unless your shits are dyed bullshit. just freezing them wont make them crisp/rigid for long.

• 3 years later...

I haven't seen this posted yet but a common trick used by people to clean their motorcycles leathers and helmets is baby wipes. you cant wash the leather or helmet so you wipe them with baby wipes when they get rank. Might work for jeans as well, just a thought.

let me clarify, you are wiping the inside of the garment with the baby wipe not the outside. its not a spot cleaning treatment its a way motorcyclers use to get their leathers/helmet to stop smelling and it removes dirty/odor from the inside of the garment where it starts. i hadn't seen this method posted, am well aware that freezing doesn't clean the jeans. sorry to bump the thread.