australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

thought I might ask in here, how would one get into working at fashion retail shops. I have been looking around for a job in retail for a while but most shops I am interested in require more than 1 year experience. Is it worth working at shops like myers/dj for a year and then applying at all the shops again?

thought I might ask in here, how would one get into working at fashion retail shops. I have been looking around for a job in retail for a while but most shops I am interested in require more than 1 year experience. Is it worth working at shops like myers/dj for a year and then applying at all the shops again?

develop a relationship with the stores you like. support them, talk to them, learn about the store. dont expect to walk into a store and get a position.

i think most boutique owners don't really mind (or care) if you;ve worked in department stores. it's a completely different environment. i imagine most of them would be more impressed by unique style, friendly personality and product knowledge.

then again, if you can get a spot in DJ's or myer or something similar, it can;t hurt to have the experience.

thanks for the advice, I will build a strong relationship with btbam and get a position at neverend :P

haha, anyone here got the save the world bag, by CON? just wondering what they thought of it (the black leather one)

haha, anyone here got the save the world bag, by CON? just wondering what they thought of it (the black leather one)

DJI has the leather version and i believe he uses it as a gym bag. i have the non leather version and use it for clothes and such). so yeah, talk to DJI if your thinking about the leather one.

thanks for the advice, I will build a strong relationship with btbam and get a position at neverend :P

Nvr end wont be hiring for a long while i believe :(

it's nice enough for the price, still holding up very well too. go for it E icon14.gif.

Agreed good bag for the price, only have the two as well!

dscn2976.jpg

I want this coat. akjhsdahd;oa

heh, yeah it is just a country road bag without a shoulder strap but $200 for a leather duffle bag is practically free ;).

I want to see the coat worn off the runway/outside of the showroom, then cop extra height if it still looks good :o.

heh, yeah it is just a country road bag without a shoulder strap but $200 for a leather duffle bag is practically free ;).

I want to see the coat worn off the runway/outside of the showroom, then cop extra height if it still looks good :o.

Yeah i think the coat is amazing, with my height it would really work aswell.

Geees august is going to be expensive :\

the cut looks pretty fucking sharp in that pic, collar should be worn up though. wanna try it on now :o, only coat I've seen this season that I really like. kinda like this RO coat too but it'd probably just look like a buttonless peacoat when worn closed:

17.jpg

siccck, save one for me bt. Cash influx happens tomorrow i'll send cash through. How long does delivery take & what service do you use + how much is postage?

I think the funniest thing about failing on quoting AND on the label is that I posted that coat like a week ago saying I loved it. TBH I think it looks a tad ugly buttoned up. I think it is one of the strongest runway looks but I'm fairly sure it's because that model rocks the shit out of it.