australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

Thank you James.

A few bottles of wine for me.. time for bed:o

Sweet dreams. Next birthday, 2010. On that Jetsons tip.

Do the shoes, no one will miss the gold.

The only gamble, my black dye is for aniline leather. If Ann cheaped out on the leather, the dye won't hold. Don't let me down babby.

I'll bring in the jacket tomorrow; got 4 new finishes I'm R&D'ing; overdyed, gravelled, patina'd and triple washed (re-dyed, washed and waxed) - this recolouring is just an experiment for my waterproofed nubuck leather.

interested to see outcome of re-dyeing JV, isn't there a risk the leather will shrink slightly?

nah J, I think it's the style in general that isn't working for me so the earlier combats wouldn't work for me either imo. not to worry, they've already found a good home. :)

I'm truly bummed mine don't fit. I love them. Wouldn't mind trying the 07s to compare now that I have to sell mine... so if you see any pop up in a 44-45 let me know!

Also, have any of you guys seen one of the 'superguides'? My dad just moved to beijing, so I thought I might pick the beijing guide up before I go to visit. But $20US seems like a lot for a 24 page PDF...

Are you going to get the new engineer boots? The tall ones?

already got the tall ones mang ;). wasn't crazy about the glossiness of the waxed hide leather but miss the shape of them, I'll probably get the new steer reverse version as they're matte:

img0007.jpg

what did you dye with JV? any tips on dying leather?

i've got a Florian Denicourt buffalo leather weekender in a brown/grey that isnt too pleasing. it looks glossy/waxed?. wouldnt mind dying it black

I bought an aniline dye, which reacts with aniline processed leather and is absorbed into it. You've got to leave it for 48 hours to become permanent, but it should be just as durable as the original colour when it's done.

If it's not an aniline leather and it's coloured with just a top-coat, you use a different method / dye, but it's still do-able.

I'm going to guess the Florian Denicourt leather is aniline... It'd be a four stage process; stripping back the sealing coat, buffing it back with a wire brush to soften the glossiness (only if you wanted it more matte), applying the new dye, then re-sealing it with a conditioner.

I don't have a cheap / reliable supplier for the chemicals as yet... I'm looking at moving to Sydney in September and I'm hoping to get set up there.

interested to see outcome of re-dyeing JV, isn't there a risk the leather will shrink slightly?

Not with the aniline process, maybe in a fully submersed hot dipped dye it might though?

yeah you had to have a birthday...:P

p.s. im gonna throw up a whole bunch of stuff on ebay.. and i hope none of you find it.. cos some of it is clothes that i'm embarrassed i've bought a couple years ago [do people still like/buy industrie?] :o

haha, we still love you J. ;)

lulz, I'll be sure to search for it and share the link with everyone A :P

keeping the butteros, they look too dope with the lizzies (thanks for the suggestion J :D). need more money for jawns, no one here interested in the yujishan tees? where's my money mr. tax man...

i hate jeans west/jay jays with a passion, i will never and have never worn that trend hopping stale crap..

no offense Chin.. I have strong feelings about that stuff..

i still have some s2a tees that i wear... they are dope, but getting a bit worn down.

oh wow, for SS2010? or AW0910 onwards?

details!

no further info yet, I shall find out soon;)

i hate jeans west/jay jays with a passion, i will never and have never worn that trend hopping stale crap..

no offense Chin.. I have strong feelings about that stuff..

i still have some s2a tees that i wear... they are dope, but getting a bit worn down.

no offense taken j, JW tee i still wear was bought years ago, I don't "normally" walk into those stores anymore these days...

I guess the only reason I still wear crappy basic(tee) from chain store is, I find it hard to justify paying such high price for designer one. Anyway, I recently source quite a few of very nice jersey for making a range of l/s s/s basics, if they come out good, I might put them in the market:p

keep us updated on those lame basics chin, if they fit you well then I'd be keen to cop some myself. ;)

lulz, you and your gloves J. you should just cop the red fingerless gloves that were show during the FW09 KKA runway presentation, would be a hell of a lot cheaper than CCP haha. will need to go check out new CCP soon...