australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

ah k, thought you might have been 9 semesters deep like me or something :o. fair enough man, you gotta do what you enjoy.

yo don't the sleeve zippers on rick's jacket bother you at all A, or you storing sandwiches in the sleeves and books in the inside pockets just like rick had in mind? ;) new bomber is the official name of the high collar/funnel neck no?

kinda still want the SS08-SS07 combats but hearing about bt's boots and sneakers has put me off a bit...

achilles have a plain toebox and are made of a thicker nappa leather, court shoes have a captoe and are made of a softer lamb leather. both come in suede and leather varieties.

thanks bt and d for the info on cp's

yeah "new bomber" was the name for the high collar

i like the pockets on the sleeves, keeps the jacket interesting, and i always seem to carry stuff in pants pockets, which i dont really like.

dont sleep on the rick combats, this guy has single handedly pushed my urge to get them:

IMG_9732.jpg

IMG_82171.jpg

1-1.jpg

and i know kanye is a douche.. but i sorta like him/his music haha:o

haha, I'd still prefer it if he stayed away from the dick oven :P:

nba_a_kayne_300jpg.jpeg

clipse-klabd-9jpg1.jpeg

if anyone finds a pair of the SS07-SS08 RO combats in size 41 let me know, hopefully they don't fall apart after half a dozen wears though :o.

ooo CM sale. might have to cop a plaid shirt or two. will email them tomorrow and see what they have left. i am assuming that sizing is pretty similar to everything else that they make?

i keep thinking about the swesson pants too but it's so hard to imagine wearing anything but denim.

don't like the heel on those TTT... But yeh i hope they work well for you, i'm not a fan of crepe soles in general, but i'm willing ot cop it because i lke RO combats so much..

BT can yo post a shot of your combats sole please:o

plz find me sz 41 SS07/08 combats in good condition :P. only the older ones, don't like the new ones... J there is a pair in size 43 on Y now, condition is pretty fucked up though... and yeah, please post pics bt so you can disable me from buying any rick boots ;).

gd I haven't tried the shirts on but from what cale told me some of them run smaller than usual due to the wrinkling process, best to ask for their advice for the specific shirts. might be hard pressed to cop the swesson pants as I think they sold though pretty quick, may be some womens ones left though (same cut).

nice cop E, that is cheap. over the whole touch screen/high end phone thing personally, just wanted something cheap and slim that had good mp3 playback so I copped one of these a couple of months back:

sony-ericsson_t700.jpg

Your item left the United States from ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 7:28 AM on June 11, 2009.

about time :mad:.

Went to Assin in syd today to check out the SS09 RO stuff, and tried on 'Rick's Jacket' but they only had a large which was too big, so they are going to get a medium sent up from melb so I can try it on. I'm not a huge fan of the S/S lightweight leather, would definitely prefer it in something more substantial. The style on the other hand is great, nice and understated which I like (and the arm zippers didn;t bother me at all ;))

They also had the 'new bomber' in a nice grey, and it was tagged as a Komino jacket or something like that. Only had L and XXL! wtf?

As for the CM sale, are they likely to have ANY basics still in stock? I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if they have any swessons left too.

yeah last one I had was a htc touch hd, before that was a 1st gen iphone, before that was a nokia n95, god knows how many phones I've had :o. got over having all those features I rarely used so decided to get something simple and slim.

don't like symbian, phone OS I liked the most out of all the phones (apple, windows, samsung, nokia, motorola, sony ericsson) I'd owned was the sony ericsson one. new phone plays music well, is only 1cm thick and weighs 78gm so I'm happy with it haha.

I actually prefer the light weight rick leather, soft, light and easy to wear. never was that impressed with his F/W leather, always felt kinda cheap and coarse to me... heh are you actually considering buying rick's jacket or just wasting their time? ;)

wtf, was it seriously tagged with komakino? if that's true then that's pretty fucked up, probably bought old stock at a discount then mark it up a shit load here... take a pic of it if you can man...

CM may still have some decent basics, although they didn't produce many of each piece. worth giving them a call though.

Haha, no I'm not going to buy it from Assin, but I do want to buy it, so I'm just making sure I get the right size :D If one pops up in the S/S leather for a decent price I'll get it, but it was a little too nylon like for me.

The new bomber was named Komino or Camino or something like that on the actual printed tag - not komakino lol. The grey was quite nice too.

As for the CM basics, can you give me a quick run down on what was produced this season and what may be available?

yeah, I have been using the e71, for 400 dollars if I choose to sell, I can probs make a profit :)

I am going to wait for the new V&V stuff before I cop a new leather jacket, my dads vintage brown bomber is far too large!

yeah definitely wouldn't cop RO leather at retail (especially not assin "retail"), the nylon-thin soft lamb skin leather is nicer than any of the FW leather though imo. you want substantial but incredibly high quality leather then cop Julius ;).

haha, that's a weird name but good to hear assin isn't doing anything shifty. still yet to see a grey leather in a tone I really like...

only CM basics worth buying imo were the cotton/cashmere double layer s/s (black, off white, grey marle) and l/s tees (black, chocolate). no idea what sizes are left, call dude :P.

yeah definitely wouldn't cop RO leather at retail (especially not assin "retail"), the nylon-thin soft lamb skin leather is nicer than any of the FW leather though imo. you want substantial but incredibly high quality leather then cop Julius ;).

haha, that's a weird name but good to hear assin isn't doing anything shifty. still yet to see a grey leather in a tone I really like...

only CM basics worth buying imo were the cotton/cashmere double layer s/s (black, off white, grey marle) and l/s tees (black, chocolate). no idea what sizes are left, call dude :P.

assin markup price is crazy.. i do however love what they stock... even at sale they are still relatively expensive in comparison with elsewhere on the internet.

i got my ann l/s shirt in black in assin for au$ 350, but in atelier when i inquired. they selling for au$ 250 + including int shipping. maybe nyc is having big sales lately so ..

but then again, there are ppl who are willingly to buy anything in assin

when i inquired about a 4k black ro leather in m (just wanna try).. they are already sold out... and also saw a dude kopped the gradient jacket.

glad to see ppl are stimulating the economies in a fashionable way. :D

don't like the heel on those TTT... But yeh i hope they work well for you, i'm not a fan of crepe soles in general, but i'm willing ot cop it because i lke RO combats so much..

BT can yo post a shot of your combats sole please:o

Yea J I really think its a love/hate part of the boots design. Personally I like shoes with flat soles or small heels. The sole could be a little smaller, but with a bit of wear it will be perfect. I take it you cant get crepe soles re-soled?

Thanks JV, really love the boots and been meaning to get a decent pair that I will be able to wear over the years. Possibly will use the boots for styling as well come lookbook etc. So hopefully that will add the brands aesthetic:D