australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

50, yeah I had noticed the gloves at fat but didn't bother trying any as I wasn't looking for them at the time. their accessories tend to be really overpriced though, like $100 for a wool/acrylic blend scarf...

T I'll probably give queen vic a shot during the week if I have a chance, should have something reasonably cheap. one of the SAs at arthur galan suggested Siricco, I'll probably check them out on monday.

Y! and mbok are the two main auction sites, although mbok is just the cream of the crap. other than rakuten you could trawl the kind used webstores too. I think your best bet is waiting till it turns up on Y! though, I've seen quite a few of them come and go there. you know we've all got your back regarding your HG anyway ;).

any suggestions for where to get fingerless gloves? acrylic makes my skin itch so I'm looking for a wool pair, I bought those country road ones (thought they fit ok in store but turns out they didn't...) but they're cut for deformed hands (or grown mens hands :o). I'd prefer full hand gloves but full wool gloves look kinda like you're wearing a sock on your hand, and leather gloves with a leather jacket would probably look too BDSM?

are they lined leather gloves? how thick is the leather? how thick are the fabric or wool gloves? really depends...

Natural fibres like wool and cotton tend to breath better, making more comfortable gloves as it prevents your hands from sweating.

Leather would be ok for warmth, but unless it is lined with something, it might no be that comfortable?

Also, you dont see much leather on the ski field...

yeah, unlined leather on the skin wouldn't be all that pleasant... some leather gloves have venting either at the bottom of the palm or via perforations to allow the hand to breath.

if you want really warm leather gloves there's also heavy (real or faux) shearling gloves, although they tend to be overly bulky.

I got over looking for wool fingerless gloves that fit well, bought some $6 acrylic dents gloves that fit super tight haha. if anyone with larger hands than me (probably most dudes on here) want these 100% wool country road ones for like $15 shipped let me know :o.

would be interested but I've got a mid-sem test tomorrow and 5 major group projects due within the next 4 weeks that I haven't started yet, the fact that I'm wasting more time surfing than the web than doing actual work today isn't helping either :o.