australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

Heading to Melbourne in a month or so, and need some more good eats. I'm tempted to go back to Movida but would also like to try some new places. Nice restaurants as opposed to cheap eats. Any rec's hit me up.

P.s. I decided to keep the RO sneaks. Had the eyelets changed to black and they are badass. Glad I slept on the sale. :D

finally hit up cutler and co and ate the 1kg rib eye. kinda disappointed to be honest.. entrée's were a little cool and the meat was good, but not great.

You didn't polish it off by yourself right :P. Man $160 and it was disappointing, not good to hear. The 800g rib eye at The Brasserie by Philippe Mouchel in Crown was pretty good and only $85.

For steak, I recommend Rock Pool and JJ's Bar & Grill, both at Crown coincidently :). But there's a lot of steak places that have good reviews that I havn't tried.

+1 for Rockpool steaks. As a massive steak fan, it's pretty much the best i've ever had in Australia and i've had quite a few steaks.

Cape Grim Dry Age 36 month old grass fed, bloody amazing; medium-rare of course. Cannot stand when steak is over cooked, rather blue rare than well done.

Heading to Melbourne in a month or so, and need some more good eats. I'm tempted to go back to Movida but would also like to try some new places. Nice restaurants as opposed to cheap eats. Any rec's hit me up.

P.s. I decided to keep the RO sneaks. Had the eyelets changed to black and they are badass. Glad I slept on the sale. :D

How much did it cost to get the eyelets replaced?

PICS! :P

in other news, just copped a grey body black sleeve TOJ1.5 looking forward to checking it out.

lol swooc, you should try this place called ria sari in kensington near UNSW. fits your description to a tee.

i did a quick google and found this blog. loving the comments lol. i've been on the look out for indo restaurants and this looks like the piece de resistance!

can someone pm me what this certain italian store is? GOD DAMN IT SAM YOU'RE KILLING ME BUT I MUST COP

if I can find one in my size that is...

edit: just checked my bank account - don't think it'll be happening any time soon lulz.

haha all good - yeah man they're indeed from that italian store. It was the last pair so I was lucky Adam has Augusta's coming (still?) or else they'd be in his closet by now.

they're the sz9 classic tornadoes from SS09 in cordovan (COIL-PTC/1010). couldn't be happier.

edit: melv! I will pm you but they have sold out of all sizes (and you probably already know the store) :/

I think Rob had the details to a possible other source but correct me if i'm wrong anyone.

yeah it was there when I looked last night but it's gone now. can't remember the price but did you get hit with aussie customs?

you make them look really good, iirc people have mentioned the narrowness of the shaft but with your height they just go up to the beginnings of your calf. couldn't have asked for a better fit. although your solid go-to tall engineers would start to get a little lonely :D

I had the option to get around the Aussie customs but felt it was a little inappropriate so just copped it on the chin - still worked out to be quite a bit cheaper even if I was to order it from say Komakino (who would mark down packages) so no big deal.

haha my engineers, yes they'll be getting a bit of rest. I love them and they actually fit in a little better to my current wardrobe but the ccp's are just in another league.

now to cop ccp pants/jackets/coats for synergy. :s

Naw I decided not to in the end :(

Ah well - one of the zipper was broken (I know you don't really use it but I'm a little anal when it comes to jawnz!) I prefer them being brand new or close to. I'll save up while waiting for his next collection. I'm sure he'll come up with something as good if not better.

Naw I decided not to in the end :(

Ah well - one of the zipper was broken (I know you don't really use it but I'm a little anal when it comes to jawnz!) I prefer them being brand new or close to. I'll save up while waiting for his next collection. I'm sure he'll come up with something as good if not better.

here's a next level: in "grail" leather

stivaleAF0875GROIL02.jpg

haha all good - yeah man they're indeed from that italian store. It was the last pair so I was lucky Adam has Augusta's coming (still?) or else they'd be in his closet by now.

They wouldn't be in my closet. They'd be on my fucking feet! :D

And yeah, Joe is working hard on getting the Augustas to drop sooner rather than later...

Wow, those boots are fuking sick Rob!

I have 3 things on my mind to save up for, help me out here. Background info: I got 2 boots (backzip guidi + taralis) and 1 leather jacket (CoN birthday present). What you guys reckon I should pick up next?

1. Tornados/Dipped Sneaks/Derbies

2. Backlace

3. FW10 Rider

Technically its 5 items, but you get what I mean. My mind is having a war...

sam, your boots are labeled as coil right? seems like the smoother leather ones..?

the reverse/distress leather are called cuba.. and they existed in the fe-male line, so i am sure they will exist in the male lines then.

shot campbell an email. see what he says.. maybe not. : \

Wow, those boots are fuking sick Rob!

I have 3 things on my mind to save up for, help me out here. Background info: I got 2 boots (backzip guidi + taralis) and 1 leather jacket (CoN birthday present). What you guys reckon I should pick up next?

1. Tornados/Dipped Sneaks/Derbies

2. Backlace

3. FW10 Rider

Technically its 5 items, but you get what I mean. My mind is having a war...

imo among the list, . i would say get the sneakers... boots/derbies always have a reissue.. i dunno the sneaks will be re-issued again.. not sure backlace boots. i think they are nice, but not that interesting.. i think his diagonal lace derbies are a must have next season.