australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

ah k. I still gravitate towards jeans so not really looking for any new pants. washed my CM's the other day, tightened the waist back up so they aren't sitting half way down my arse haha, surprised by the fact that they don't really stretch out anywhere besides the waist even after a few months of wear.

I think you should be tall enough Flock, hopefully it looks as elegant as it did on the runway but still not convinced about ricks tailored work. can't stand nylon/synthetic material personally, sound of the fabric rubbing on itself shits me haha.

heh, we all know how much your no more copping statements mean bt :P.

Bt you should cop them, so you have the super tech pants / shorts combo team, which would be awesome! haha.

I'd like them but i have enough pants already really, though i wouldn't put it past myself to become tempted at 3am this morning while working away on uni stuff and cop them.

cheers flock, let me know how you go with it. hopefully they get back to you sooner than later.

D - I think you'd be a great buyer for whoever :D zekka do some wack buying. Like you said you have to be happy in your chosen profession. I'd thought I found my interest within the field and moved to Melbourne in 07 to do the rest of my course at RMIT and transfer into aerospace. I even got a job offer at Holden design. Although interesting and a change of scenery it was essentially the same old thing to me and so I moved back to Perth and finished the dgree here. But yeah, despite not earning as much $$$ as my mates I'm far more happier doing my own thing. I'm sure you'll figure it out mate :)

washed my CM's the other day, tightened the waist back up so they aren't sitting half way down my arse haha, surprised by the fact that they don't really stretch out anywhere besides the waist even after a few months of wear.

this is true. i think i;ve got nearly a year on them now, with 1 cold wash, and they still fit pretty much exactly the same as when i bought them (besides uber tightness on the knees and thighs etc)

heh, thanks TTT. probably was a good move passing up on Holden, they aren't taking any grads at all this year...

that's ok bt, I'm sure you'll cop something for yourself by the end of the week ;). any luck with the BBS leather btw?

leather still looks fine but the cuffs look fairly worn and pilled. not feeling the colour either tbh, leather jackets should be black, grey or white imo (or red or blue if you're feeling fruite swaggish haha).

He said the colour is very off in the photos.

I think i could make it work wearing everything else black ( i tend to anyway )

Hmm. see what price he does it for i guess

he says condition is 8.5-9/10

I also noticed the pilling.. If the condition is 9/10 like he says.. i hope its not pilled..

fark just got home from a lecture (for the LAST time EVER i might add) and i had to catch up on 5 pages of this thread. good read haha.

Flock, I did graphic design @ billy blue for my undergrad so I got my bachelor cert from Swinburne too ;) Did some full-time design work once i finished but had to quit as my parents push me to do masters.. i've always thought i wanted to design/marketing for non-profit as a career so i took on the internship that was offered to me a couple months ago just to find myself hating it lulz. Might still do some contract work here and there but fashunz is where my heart is.

D, you're underestimating yourself mangz

@bt.. not a big fan of that colour but i like that style

thanks mel, perhaps I'll have to look for a more fruitful application of my fashion interests in the future rather than just filling this thread with my ranting haha.

lulz at everyone paying out on gareth and the crew on FT, they do look like massive victims though... you dropping CON and BP altogether bt? is V&V the only local label you'll be stocking in the future?

nice one man, definitely the cream of the crop from Australia (well, them and CM ;)). chin told me he bought all of his own equipment today so he's well on the way to producing some pieces for the store :).

tbh I couldn't care less that you dropped CON, only pieces I see myself considering in the future are the modal rotten apple tees if they turn out to not just be a random fuck up that was send to BB.

CM is stocked at a really average shop on the same street as me, really disappointing as i would like to rep them properly in perth. All CM Stockists in wa are really bad.

FG is the best Australian designer in my POV without doubt. His work is great. Material is great as well.

haha funny you mention that FT blog post D I just check that out earlier as I hadn't visited for a while. Seriously though... WTF. Possibly the most pointless post ever... and it is the worst photo quality ever. Dude seems to be trying to ride CON and failing. He doesn't even stock them which makes it even more awkward. asdhks!!!!

bt glad you will be stocking FG, I really get into BP oversized shirts though as they're very well made and fit me perfectly.

Eversuns i have quite a lot of con stock right now.

The blog isnt 100% updated on stock let me know if your after anything.

Im sure i could DJI, the shop on beaufort street with CM is really quite horrendous, really cant figure out why CM stocks such stores.

lulz at everyone paying out on gareth and the crew on FT, they do look like massive victims though... you dropping CON and BP altogether bt? is V&V the only local label you'll be stocking in the future?

Haha. i saw that earlier.. funny actually. However, i must admit that there are a couple of items that are interesting, and really like their printed Ts..

but i would rather spend those money elsewhere.