australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

just wondering, how are everyone else's CON viscose tees holding up? I've worn and handwashed my rotten apple viscose tee 5-6 times now and it's starting to pill quite a bit. seriously considering giving the tees a miss in the future if they are going to be ready for the bin after a dozen wears. never had this problem with any other soft jersey tees, thinking it might be worthwhile to just save the cash for some better quality lame basics....

lulz, the only s/s lame basics I have atm are the 2 claude maus double layer tees and the 1 CON viscose rotten apple. need to cop more but I don't want to waste my money on something that won't last long at all.

yeah true. I'm not about to throw away the tee that I have, just considering whether I should purchase more of them when the retail price is going up to ~$90 each. might put the money towards better quality jawns...

mine have pilled a little D. I've probably worn and washed them 10 times each? I noticed the pilling after maybe 5ish times like you, but it never seemed to get much worse after that. I think I will definitely cop more. I really like the fit of them for a basic style tee, and at 90 AUD they are still heaps cheaper than RO tees or others

good point, I still haven't been able to find any other decent basics s/s tees (need to cop Julius twist tees soonish though). I don't even like the RO s/s tees as they are made from plain cotton and are very sheer, only thing that I have found that is really what I'm looking for are these damir doma cotton/cashmere s/s tees but they are 182 euro each....

fuckity fuck fuck :mad:.

klang just posted my holy grail up on SZ after i recently copped the viridi anne hoodie from him. He's now selling the Julius FW07 riders leather in a size 2. i dont know if i can part with that much cash and not feel remorseful. :(

^ go to hand it to fashionising, they get their pics up quick. trimapee are way beyond derivative when you can pick out large segments of their collection as being knock offs of a specific designer's pieces, there really isn't any consistency between each of their seasons. curious about the quality of the construction and fabric of the individual pieces though, is their store milk shoppe gang still open in Fitzroy?

damn wept, that Julius leather is at a great price and in fantastic condition too. I know you'll be remorseful if you don't purchase it, even with their increased popularity and larger distribution Julius only produces 3-4 dozen leathers in each style and size combination...

Just got back from a whirlwind trip to melbourne. Got there on thursday night and got back to Sydney last night. Crashed with a friend in Northcote which was handy.

We unfortunately spent most of the days sleeping after hitting the nightlife a little hard. Notably, we did check out the Fearless Vampire Killers at the ev which was great. Awesome band. We also did the student dumpling dinner for like $4 bucks a head and then did the lane way thing, and ended up staying at a couple of bars similar to our favs in syd (ding dong and pony) and had a good night.

As for shopping, we managed only a quick trip up little Collins and then on to CM. I was surprised to see Lui at Assin, and he was a great help; really nice guy. Definitely an enabler - though I still didn't kop.

Ended up only getting one of the new hoodies from CM, same jersey as the crew neck with the inverted singlet (but a fraction of the price). Really great piece.

All in all, I can't speak highly enough of the town. I did live there for 3 years, but was too young to check out the bars and really give a shit about clothes so I got to see a different side this trip. I will definately be back.

^ go to hand it to fashionising, they get their pics up quick. trimapee are way beyond derivative when you can pick out large segments of their collection as being knock offs of a specific designer's pieces, there really isn't any consistency between each of their seasons. curious about the quality of the construction and fabric of the individual pieces though, is their store milk shoppe gang still open in Fitzroy?

i passed by that store last week, it's still open. not sure operating hours tho.

v&v jackets lookin hawt. when will they be in store?

curious about the quality of the construction and fabric of the individual pieces though, is their store milk shoppe gang still open in Fitzroy?

I have a few pieces and find everything is really well made. The fabrics are not on par with say CM but the constructions are relatively faultless.

glad you enjoyed your trip Ivan icon14.gif. might have to check out CM again soon, the hoodie wasn't in yet when I was there on Thursday.

thanks for the info on Trimapee, will probably have a look at the store next time I'm in Fitzroy (I generally don't go down that end of Brunswick St.).

dont know if you guys care but some C0N stuff popped up on the marketplace. its not anything you guys have been scouting for but Tyro might be interested as they are size L's. Shipping would be international though.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=146544

the mohair sweaters looks as itchy as fuck.

and thanks for your info on the Julius leather DJI. i always wondered how many they made per season. Im just going to sit for the time being and contemplate. At least i got another new job doing the same thing for more hours ( equals more cash).