t-shirts

doom

you are right dagsolo. i am the first one to admit that the value of clothing like art is in the eye of the beholder. if you truly like something rock it proudly. unless its a tshirt that says italian stallion.

glad you dig the stuff. our new line will be in stores in feb. we are skipping fall and going straight to spring. woops

Discharge printing is when the print does the reverse of what ink is supposed to do. Heh.

Essentially, it's like bleach. It leeches out the dye of a garment, leaving (ideally) a naturally colour underneath.

A lot of times, waterbase dye is put on top again (hence the term 'dye replacement').

Basically, it allows you to print colourful, vibrant prints on dark garments. In 'normal' situations, you'd have to put a white base ink underneath in order to get punchy bright colours on dark (black? navy?) garments.

Discharge is a PITA.

doom here,

i started this thread to just voice my opinion on expensive designer tees.

i stress, my opinion! you do whatever you want to do with your money!

i'm not gonna treat you any more special if i see you wearing a rogan tee,

you are still gonna join the line up to get into the club!

peace

the eclipse is nigh

You have to take into consideration all the costs in those 50 buck tees. Basic print tee..... lets say they get the tee for $10, printing say $2-5 depending on colours/application, swing tags/labels say $2 , packaging/shipping etc, maybe 1 buck each=$17 bucks, sell them wholesale mark up approx 50% at $25. The store wacks on anywhere between 70-100%.....bam 50 buck tee retail. Also not taking screen set costs, time to design the graphic, all the the organization, sales, traveling, phone calls. Its not much scratch for a whole lota work.

DCTMFC, you are a rebel with out a pause son

Edited by andewhall on Aug 25, 2005 at 05:24 PM

It's totally a lot of work.

People wanting $20 Tees shouldn't really expect anything special at all.

$20 retail = $10 wholesale = $ 6 production cost.

Blank Tee = $3

Print = $2

Admin $1

That doesn't buy anything more than a 1 colour print on the center chest these days.

DCTMFC, you are a rebel with out a pause son

Without a cause, right?

:i

What winter coat? Like its 20degrees celcius, I wear my winter coats for winter, yo.

and besides, danish fashion is for real, nobody is near any trendoiding. Long live prosperity.

dress badly on purpose.

Quote:

any pics of discharge printed t-shirts? what brands do that? wild whiskey and OK, is there a site where i can view your works?thanks

--- Original message by magicclean on Aug 26, 2005 05:21 AM

rogue's gallery is one that does it nicely.

I saw their stuff in Odin.

I can't find a good photo of a discharge print.

besides, a photo would do it no justice.

Can I ask you something? These sunglasses: they're really nice. Are they like government issue, or do you guys all go to the same store together?

we use a lot of discharge printing with our shirts. some good examples can be seen here: http://www.tanktheory.com/tshirt-of-month/index.htm The Cloudscape shirt is a strait discharge print, and the Belly of the Beast shirt is regular discharge print, light colored banners, and discharge with a pigment added, light orange flags.

www.tanktheory.com

Edited by tanktheory on Aug 26, 2005 at 07:21 AM

my line is called rxmance. we only have our line from last year up on our site. our new stuff is all cut/sew and pattern based. we are currently selling for spring-that stuff should be up in a couple months.

our site is rxmance.com.

you can also see stuff at revoltrevolt.com

I don't think anyone ever had issues with high quality cut-and0sew tshirts with matching price points...my original concern was around tshirts printed on regular AA shirts that originally cost $10-$20 retail, but suddenly jump to $70+ when a print is put on...

Obviously the cost that goes into producing a well made cut-and-sew tshirt is reflected in the higher price point and I think most ppl on this board don't mind paying for quality.