remember when the hallmark of supertalk was snarky/sarcastic, intelligent humor?

cheep

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bonsai is raight. look at these tags. i dont think it is traced as strongly to the meetups and non internet familiarity between posters. we all sort of have our fill of denim knoweldge and could write a decent 5 page essay on it, so when we run out of things to learn do we all turn to the trash?

my suspicions of you have paid off.

May your gills rot off.

a few things changed this site.........

1. focus on jeans spread out to more expensive clothes...dior this, lavin that? so its all skinny rich trust fund kisd on this site...who the fuck can take them seriously

2. the fall of sneaker/hype/street wear related discussion boards to younger kids coming up....the dregs of those boards, present company included....trickled over this way.......

3. rep........all the one liners and gross pics are to get a rep....present company included

4. supleme...its always their fault....

4.5. too many asianz

5. what did you wear thread..thats the beginning of the end for every discussion board

I don't get it. Things change - it's a good thing.

Superfuture has it's good days and it's bad, it's the unpredictability that brings me back everyday. If I knew that it was just going to be the same as 12 months ago I wouldn't come back - hell if I knew it was going to be the same as 12 days ago I wouldn't come back. It has to evolve or die.

It's almost embarrassing to say that sufu has quietly gained more and more significance in my life and that I consider a few people on here as people that I know even though I have never met any of them.

I kind of forget where I am going with this but all in all i don't get why anyone is stating that things should change. It is what it is - 12 months ago it was Japanese denim this - left hand twill that. 6 months ago it was Gothic ninja this - asymmetrical cardigan that and yesterday it was Lanvin Hitop this - bitch hate that.

Who cares, it's going to keep progressing, as is the nature of the world.

I don't get it. Things change - it's a good thing.

Superfuture has it's good days and it's bad, it's the unpredictability that brings me back everyday. If I knew that it was just going to be the same as 12 months ago I wouldn't come back - hell if I knew it was going to be the same as 12 days ago I wouldn't come back. It has to evolve or die.

It's almost embarrassing to say that sufu has quietly gained more and more significance in my life and that I consider a few people on here as people that I know even though I have never met any of them.

I kind of forget where I am going with this but all in all i don't get why anyone is stating that things should change. It is what it is - 12 months ago it was Japanese denim this - left hand twill that. 6 months ago it was Gothic ninja this - asymmetrical cardigan that and yesterday it was Lanvin Hitop this - bitch hate that.

Who cares, it's going to keep progressing, as is the nature of the world.

word. you are one smart australian. nature should be allowed to take it's course undisturbed. when shit get's wack, you can always step back and do some lines though...

a few things changed this site.........

1. focus on jeans spread out to more expensive clothes...dior this, lavin that? so its all skinny rich trust fund kisd on this site...who the fuck can take them seriously

2. the fall of sneaker/hype/street wear related discussion boards to younger kids coming up....the dregs of those boards, present company included....trickled over this way.......

3. rep........all the one liners and gross pics are to get a rep....present company included

4. supleme...its always their fault....

4.5. too many asianz

5. what did you wear thread..thats the beginning of the end for every discussion board

respectfully disagree

1. focus on jeans spread out to more expensive clothes because we started demanding the same quality in other clothes as was visible in jeans

2. i see nothing wrong with their coming here, as annoying as a handful of them have been. this forum can be somewhere they broaden their horizons; people with an already latent interest/talent for fashion can explore

3. rep: as far as ive witnessed, rep is primarily given for WAYWT fits. bad = negrep, good = +rep. the impact of people repping for gross pictures is infinitesimal compared to fit rep.

4. i agree with you here. supleeeeeeeeme

5. i think waywt only augmented our vision of fashion. with waywt, we dont have to rely on designer runways or lookbooks to make purchasing decisions, people can put outfits together that can work or not.

criticism, while sometimes taken harshly (see: my first WAYWT), help others build a better wardrobe and recieve pointers on how to dress better

also: a word on the skinny/designer shit. while slimane's sillhouette remains something of an ideal, i think its influence will fade, though slowly. at the very least, i am taking my fashion cues more and more from "classic sillhouette" designers and members of this board

^I digress. I wish more people would dress their kids in dresses. I had these cousins that were like half my age, like five of them, their parents would dress them in the same color. This should go in christmas thread cuz that was like only time i'd see them and i havent seen them in years :sadfac

"A forum where apes evolved from men? There's got to be an answer."

lol fade2black

they say the classics never go out of style, but they do, they do.

true, i mean, style is inextricably tied to ephemerality to some degree; you dont see too many people wearing bowler/derby hats anymore, once an intergral part of any man's wardrobe

but the "classics" at least perdure much longer than highly stylized clothing. see: levi's 501

cheep,

this is disgusting. i thought you were an OK guy. i defended you from people who said you were cheating because i thought you had character. now you go and do this? do you remember what you came from? 5000 posts or whatever? starting threads for every inanity? didn't superfuture feel the same way about you as they did me, though at different times.

shame...

you know i support you.