Call of Duty 4

countach!

What REALLY helped my game was learning about guns pros and cons and watching really good player videos. I learned most of what I know now from blametruth, one of my favorite players. You can check out his videos on

http://blametruthproject.blip.tv/

Another thing that has helped my KD is learning when to shoot from the hip (something I used to NEVER do), strafing back and forth, drop shotting and shooting as you turn a corner (instead of turning a corner then shooting).

Also, its really important to learn common map tactics so you can exploit people that do the same thing everytime. It's also great to learn when to not be aggressive, I generally don't like to push forward to enemy spawns unless I have UAV. Save helicopters until you die so you can rebuild a streak for UAV and Airstrikes since it resets. And learn to listen for enemies coming (either using a nice headset or just turning up your volume).

My KD used to be shit, its' still not as high as I want it to be but it's getting there. In the last month I've went from 1.12 to 1.17 and usually don't get anymore than 5 deaths a game.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a lot of these scores sound cooked or that yall camp HARD! lolz...

Hard Core is the best imho... i think it evens out the lag some people have, and its much more real. i hate shooting someone first in normal mode only for them to turn around and kill me. sure my shots could have been better placed, but i shot first and hit them, i should win. normal mode pisses me off, hate the score popping up too.

just me?

I like hardcore more because its easy kills. I can still do well in normal, but I do much better in hardcore because I abuse things like UAV Jammer.

I don't care about the realism factor of hardcore though, if I wanted a realistic milsim, I'd play something like America's Army, ArmA or Flashpoint again.

Hardcore does strike a nice balance between the hectic run and gun type of gameplay that comes with something like CoD, but the low damage adds that little bit of edginess that milsims give...not entirely, but kind-of.

Oh yeah, Astro, sorry I didn't get to your invite a few weeks ago. I have notifications off, so I didn't realise till after you logged out.

arma seems cool to me... for a second i tried to get in to, and almost succeeded in liking BF BC..... i like driving tanks and the such, and the bigger maps offered some diversity. but the servers died just as i was breaking in to liking it, that ended that, traded it in. arma seems like it gives the same fix and might be good.. hmmmm.

i just read that they are releasing a third map pack for W@W... i hope the new modern warfare team gets the clue and does more with DLC... the fact that cod4 is one of the top online games for psn and xbox, and we only got one map pack = LAME.

I learned most of what I know now from blametruth, one of my favorite players.

I still think aggressiveness of xcalizorz is more my cup of tea. I know for a fact that my k/dr would be leaps better if I were to have better interwebz. :(

If anyone wants to play with me in non-hc matches, add: AGayUser or SolixTanaka.

Edit: On PSN!

I still think aggressiveness of xcalizorz is more my cup of tea. I know for a fact that my k/dr would be leaps better if I were to have better interwebz. :(

If anyone wants to play with me in non-hc matches, add: AGayUser or SolixTanaka.

I like both players, though I only mentioned blametruth because I learned a lot from his commentaries and he was the first player videos with commentary I started watching.

BT does push forward a lot and does some crazy things, I tend to be a bit more cautious. For me its keeping a good KD instead of racking high kills in general.

has anyone noticed loads of hackers over the past few days? shits crazy

:( its really ruining it for me... i hope infinity ward gets us PS3 users a patch soon like xbox got a while ago. this UFO/godmode shit is absolutely ruining the game. every single one of the dudes using the mod is a total bum and i hate knowing i would wash every single one of these bums up if they werent using mods. just watching the killcams you can tell these fucking bums are total garbage. i played 22 games tonight, only 1 was hacker free

for a second xbl had some hacks going, but its mostly dead now. i think hoping for any patches or love at this point is pretty fargone, they dont care about this game at all... one map pack, COME ON!

Stopping power basically allows you to kill a person using one less bullet. In contrast, Jugg lets you survive one extra bullet worth of damage (basically, they cancel each other out). But the advantage SP has over Jugg is that health takes about 5 sec to revive to 100%, whereas SP is always there.

It really depends on your loadout it seems, but looking at the weapons chart right now most guns do enough damage to kill a person with 1-2 hits at a decent range, it seems you're better off with jugg.

I'm pretty sure Jugg gives you a 25% health boost while SP gives you a 40% bullet power increase. When a user with SP shoots a Juggy user, they cancel each other out.

I really hope they come out with another map pack too. That'll tide people over until MW2 and give something for those that won't be able to get the newer game something to nibble on until then.

I don't think that'd really balance out, with guns having differing strengths.

I love it when people get desperate and bring out the grenade launchers to try and get kills. I always bring out my 2xlauncher setup and fill them up with twice as many tubed nades. More so, because I actually know how to use the things.

I don't think that'd really balance out, with guns having differing strengths.

I think it kind of does because all the guns in COD4 are so lethal that small changes in damage don't really translate too well in practicality (too many variables).

Kind of like how in Pokemon Red it'd still take the same amount of tackles to kill a fucking weevil even though I just went up a level :(

Oh, and I hope when people refer to a gun's stats they aren't talking about the in-game chart, anyone whose been playing for a while can tell they're inaccurate.

Pretty sure the game registers that it's SP vs Jugg and negates both perks. Didn't mean the dmg itself balances.

Yep. Also, damage multipliers on them don't matter. According to the COD4 stats page (which was taken from the PC code), its' basically 1 more bullet to kill somone for jugg, one less bullet to kill someone for stop power.

"The multiplications for Stopping Power, Double Tap, Sonic boom and Juggernaut are irrelevant. A simple explanation:

Juggernaut was designed so that you survive take one more shot from any weapon.

Stopping Power was designed so that you would need to make one less hit with any firearm to score a kill.

The game code literally cancels out the damage effects when Stopping Power or Sonic Boom hits a Juggernaut. No increase, no decrease.

The damage perks are perfectly balanced against each other.

If you use "a whole magazine" to kill one guy, it isn't because of Juggernaut.YOU SUCK AT THE GAME."

http://denkirson.xanga.com/632800688/item/