Want to rent your Nom De Guerre Kent State tshirt

Calden

I wanted this tshirt, but missed out. If you have one I'll give you $40 to send it to me so I can scan it in to make myself a bootleg, and then send you your tshirt back. I'll also make you a bootleg if you're interested. Send me a PM if you have this tshirt or know someone who has it... I'll rep your epeen.

ndgt.jpg

Its a dope graphic.. and I completely understand wanting to bootleg it, I mean it seems like you'd completely be willing to buy the real tee if you could get your hands on it, but its sold out everywhere.. hence you just want to bootleg it.

Then I start to think of the whole originality thing and I think, 'dude, why don't you just find some other cool ass photograph and make your own original t-shirt?'

I can't decide which one is the best point of view, but just wanted to say I totally understand your wanting to bootleg it..

Its a dope graphic.. and I completely understand wanting to bootleg it, I mean it seems like you'd completely be willing to buy the real tee if you could get your hands on it, but its sold out everywhere.. hence you just want to bootleg it.

Then I start to think of the whole originality thing and I think, 'dude, why don't you just find some other cool ass photograph and make your own original t-shirt?'

I can't decide which one is the best point of view, but just wanted to say I totally understand your wanting to bootleg it..

Yea, I actually tried to buy the real tee but it was sold out. Just to be clear, I'm definitely not in the business of bootlegging tshirts, I just want one for myself. If it was original Nom De Guerre art or something like that, there's no way I would consider it. It is just a photograph I haven't been able to find anywhere. I'm pretty sure NDG isn't paying royalties to the artist either. As far as originality goes, I make a lot of other tshirts for myself already from public domain art and photographs from the Library of Congress (http://www.loc.gov/rr/print/catalog.html), but this is just a photograph I really love. I don't know. It was a long shot, but I had to try.

i cant help but suspect that he will get your tshirt, bootleg it, keep the original and send teh dupe.. is it just me?

Yea, I can see how someone would think that. At the same time though, it's no different than buying something off supermarket. There's no guarantee your going to receive the item or that they actually have it in the first place. Superfuture is based on a community of like minded individuals, and in the end it really depends on your outlook. I generally trust people and think everyone has a good nature, but that's a completly different topic...

Uhhhh wouldnt it be easier to look for a high-res photo of the original??

That's what I thought. But, like Handlethevibe said it seems impossible. It's so strange because it's a pretty famous photo. I don't know, maybe it isn't that famous, but I remember seeing it before NDG, and it's an image that's always stuck in my mind. I've probably spent at least eight hours at the library and online resources looking for the photo, or even the name of the photographer and finally gave up. This post was kind of a last ditch effort before I called it quits.

I said it in my last post, but just so it's clear, I just wanted this tshirt for me. I'm not trying to start a bootleg designer tshirt company. If I could find out who the photographer was, I would gladly pay him so I could make just one tshirt for me. Anyways, thanks for all the replies guys. At least it was a somewhat interesting conversation.