state your beer, drinkers

Tonight was a good night

Cantillon geuze, a blend of 1, 2, and 3 year barrel aged wild fermented beer. Sour, oaky, delicious

IMG_1958.jpg

My friend had this biere de garde

IMG_1959.jpg

We paired the Midas Touch by Dogfish Head with camembert, grapes, a french baguette, and caramelized onions.

IMG_1975.jpg

IMG_1977.jpg

It seemed a little less interesting than I had expected. It was definitely good, and it was amazing with the brie, grapes, and caramelized onions on the baguette, but I wouldn't go out of my way to get it again. Definitely worth a try. Dogfish Head has quite the host of interesting beers I'd like to try.

I can get a lot of DFH at a local store since it's made less than 100 miles from me. They had Pangaea, Theobroma, Red & White, Black & Blue, Palo Santo Marron, Raison D'extra, 120 IPA, Chateau Jiahu, Burton Baton, Fort, but some are really too expensive for me to justify buying to drink at home

BTW, if you don't mind B-Dawg, how much to pay per bottle for Russian River or AleSmith?

Following the theme of my post on Fat Tire........This might be fun.........

Your top 5 most hated beers. Mine:

1. Heineken: for both cultural and taste-related reasons

2. Leffe: tastes like a Gingerbread man's asshole

3. Pilsner Urquell

4. Coors Light

5. PBR: I don't care how much it reminds people of college, it's fucking awful.

Pilsner Urquell, really? I mean I wouldn't touch it in Europe but there are much worse beers like Stella or whatever is hip right now.

I never had Fat Tire but I always read people getting horny over it.

My top 5 hated beers:

- Magic Hat #9 (My hate for this shit has no limits. I hate it more than Hitler, Stalin, and Julia Roberts. If there would be no other beer left on earth I would cut myself with a broken #9 bottle)

- Blue Moon (I accidentally had my first bm experience when I was 3 years old in Ukraine. By accident I drank some dirty soap water that was used to wash farmers' feet)

- Miller Lite/Coors Light (I rather drink nail polish remover to get drunk)

- Zywiec (It was good years ago before they got bought out. Even homeless person in Poland wouldn't drink it)

- PBR/Rolling Rock/Bud Light/Heineken (Yellow water, my piss has more flavor)

Honorable mention: every pumpkin, blubbery, peach seasonal shit

Totally agree on the leffe...

1.Leffe Blonde

2.molson ice

3. pyramid apricot weizen- I don't like apricots too much anyway.

4. Lindemans raspberry (framboise) Lambic (just doesn't agree with my tastebuds)

Thats my Hate list but if I had to pick a 5th:

5.corona: Don't hate it, but I don't drink this anymore if I can help it. Will buy Pacifico Clara over it, and prefer tecate and bohemia for macro-brewed mexican beer.

pbr taste like hipster B.O.

but to the beer collectors, stone has the 3 liter double bastard growler for 2008 release...or was it 3 quarts. saw it at bevmo to those who are near one.

Saw that big ass bottle during last year's DB release, I like how its got the mini-pad lock and key on the ceramic stopper. I prefer the double bastard over the arrogant bastard.

Pilsner Urquell, really? I mean I wouldn't touch it in Europe but there are much worse beers like Stella or whatever is hip right now.

I never had Fat Tire but I always read people getting horny over it.

My top 5 hated beers:

- Magic Hat #9 (My hate for this shit has no limits. I hate it more than Hitler, Stalin, and Julia Roberts. If there would be no other beer left on earth I would cut myself with a broken #9 bottle)

- Blue Moon (I accidentally had my first bm experience when I was 3 years old in Ukraine. By accident I drank some dirty soap water that was used to wash farmers' feet)

- Miller Lite/Coors Light (I rather drink nail polish remover to get drunk)

- Zywiec (It was good years ago before they got bought out. Even homeless person in Poland wouldn't drink it)

- PBR/Rolling Rock/Bud Light/Heineken (Yellow water, my piss has more flavor)

Honorable mention: every pumpkin, blubbery, peach seasonal shit

I had Zywiec at a Russian bar in LA. Can't say I was a fan. I do, however, enjoy Blue Moon sometimes, sans a piece of fucking orange of course. Do you not like Belgian whites in general, or just BM?

I can get a lot of DFH at a local store since it's made less than 100 miles from me. They had Pangaea, Theobroma, Red & White, Black & Blue, Palo Santo Marron, Raison D'extra, 120 IPA, Chateau Jiahu, Burton Baton, Fort, but some are really too expensive for me to justify buying to drink at home

BTW, if you don't mind B-Dawg, how much to pay per bottle for Russian River or AleSmith?

Russian River's Pliny the Elder is $4.50 for a pint and .9 oz bottle, belgian ones are like 7 or 8 bucks, and the barrel aged Temptation I got was like $13 or $14. Alesmith 750ml were $10. I wan tto try all of those Dogfish beers some day.

double bastard out right now...alesmith yulesmith holiday out soon as well.

I bet yulesmith is amazing. The 2 beers I've had from them so far were great, and I loves me an imperial red.

Russian River's Pliny the Elder is $4.50 for a pint and .9 oz bottle, belgian ones are like 7 or 8 bucks, and the barrel aged Temptation I got was like $13 or $14. Alesmith 750ml were $10. I wan tto try all of those Dogfish beers some day.

That's a lot more affordable than I would've thought. But I guess that's about as much as the DFH, Troeg, or Victory Beers are out here.

Good news to all you East coast beer geeks: more Pliny on tap soon and many Lost Abbey varieties now available, I bought Judgment Day, Serpent Stout and Ten Commandments earlier this week

does Dogfish make an Oktoberfest?

i had one recently with a light yellow label, can't remember what kind it was though

No, they don't make an oktoberfest. I don't know what the yellow label could be, the only thing I can think of is the punkin' ale with the orange label

Speaking of smoked porter, I had the Stone Smoked Porter a couple weeks back at a vegetarian dinner club and although the food wasn't great the beer was!

idk where I would find Alaska Brewing though

Dino, I went into a British pub over the Summer and got a random beer I'd never heard of called Speckled Hen, which turned out to be some kind of British pale ale on nitro-tap. Until then I thought Guinness was the only thing that came that way. I tried the Boddington's can after that. The Hen is better, try that.

The IPA's looking good soonami. How was that double?

Debaser, I am jealous.

Anyone heard about the Firestone Walker XII? http://beeradvocate.com/forum/read/1614510

I have my mom on call to pick me up some bottles in the Bay once I get confirmation of it being in somewhere.

My friends and I had another food and beer pairing, pics to come soon...

The IPA's looking good soonami. How was that double?

The Stone IPA is a great fix for a hop craving

The Stoudts Double IPA was good, but not exactly what I expected. It was very sweet and alcoholic up-front, but as the beer warmed the complexities of the beer started to show much better. You can then better taste the sweet buttery malt, followed by ripe pineapple and banana, and then a grassy hop to balance out the sweetness. I expected more resiny and oily hop flavor, but the palette profile was dominated by the malt and yeast, which isn't bad but not what I was in the mood for.

I agree soonami. When I want a double IPA, I don't want balance malt and hops, I just want hops. When a DIPA has too much malt/alcohol/sweetness, it just starts to taste like a barleywine to me. Pliny the Elder, so far, is my ideal.

Bacon, you're right. You can't compare something from a nitro can to nitro tap. I don't have either of those beers anywhere near me, but maybe I'll find some Boddington's on tap some day.