France Appreciation Thread

Guest DUM

Err that's a Claude Chabrol movie, the master of bourgeois-skewering criminal dramas. Go back to watching the Transporter you taste-deprived yank!!! :P

i thoght u were in 2 godard n truffaut n all dem Cahiers niggaz ??? y u h8in on Tranpsorter

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is new orleans french cuisine even worth trying? i wanna say it sucks and that auethentic country shit is better, but i never tried new orlean's french. anyone have any good recomendations on dishes/ whatnot?

New Orleans:Beignets

and there's no reason to bash new orleans/louisiana cuisine. they're not trying to be french to be cute--and is there "NOLA French" food--I thought it was just cajun or creole food...? NOLA had great food when i was down there (before Katrina/Rita).

I'm doing a research paper on the composer of the first documented form of notated music, Leonin, and his student, Perotin. They were magisters and resident composers of sacred music at Notre Dame in the 12th/13th century. Their music is beautiful.

^ I was listening to mcsolaar when i was at primary. I thought it was real gangsta stuff. But now he just pretends he's engaged in causes and everything but he just does it for money, and it now sucks.

New Orleans:Beignets

and there's no reason to bash new orleans/louisiana cuisine. they're not trying to be french to be cute--and is there "NOLA French" food--I thought it was just cajun or creole food...? NOLA had great food when i was down there (before Katrina/Rita).

i assume that all the french bread/baguettes/etc are all soggy now...

new orleans has some french cafes/restaurants that easily rival the best in any major metropolitan center, save paris. and creole cuisine and cajun cuisine are beasts on their own.

creole tends towards a more classical european approach, whereas cajun veers towards the more rustic country french influence.

both feature deliciousness. give them a shot.

new orleans has some french cafes/restaurants that easily rival the best in any major metropolitan center, save paris. and creole cuisine and cajun cuisine are beasts on their own.

creole tends towards a more classical european approach, whereas cajun veers towards the more rustic country french influence.

both feature deliciousness. give them a shot.

what is a famous new orleans crawfish dish? thanx

creole dish to go for: pompano en papillote

pompano filet cooked in parchment paper with white wine, crab, and shrimp based sauce.

cajun dish to go for: maque choux

acadian/native american/african influenced dish of corn, green peppers, tomatoes,

and onions, with garlic and celery, braised for a long fucking time in pig fat.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...