Levi's Skinners: What washes do you own/like? Any jeans have similar cut?

colin

yeah they have some nice ones. they come in lots of washes, several of which belong to the levi premium line. 75-100 canadian dollars if that helps you at all, which would make it slightly cheaper than the skinner, but fit-wise its pretty close. i say give one a try

i like the rigid wash, it's raw denim. but, it's not too far off from the raw washes of thier 527's.

the thing i dont like is the sizing on the rigids, can't really tell the difference in quality, and the crouch so tiny. i had to get a 32x32, and im a 29x32, and the fit is awkard and crappy. a 29 made me feel like a fat ass!

i rather get regular levi's then the premiums, just nothing there to convince me they are better.

I have a pair of favorite 47's and coveted. You can get the coveted at Urbn.Com. The coveted have a similar color to vibrant medium but have wear marks on the thigh and behind the knees and ankles. I love the way these jeans fit but I don't think they fit anything like the 527. The 527 is significantly looser. I'm a 32' waist and wear a 34' in skinner and wear a 33 w/the 527s. My 33' 527 are much looser than my 34' Skinners. If you are looking for a cut similar to Skinners, try a 507. They are almost identical maybe just a small bit looser around the thighs.

honey, you're my religion

Even though you haven't yet expanded

To include a heaven after

Even though I have demanded it

I have 6 pairs of skinners; Very blue, Vibrant Medium, Bleacher, Dean, Rigid and I think whats called Vinyl. I may pick up a pair of the Coveted too as those look pretty nice. The Fav 47 is kind of tacky IMO. The honey comb look on the back of the legs and the hole in the rear pocket does not look very authentic. The Dean wash though, is by far my favorite wash. Very dark.

Skinners are getting more hard to come by now, Deco Denim has limited sizes, and Nordstroms only has the lame 'peace dove' ones. Urban outfitters still has them, but they seem to be clearencing them. So other then the Levi store, I dont know of any other place to get them. And looking at the new Levi's web site, they are not even listed anywhere under their jeans, so I wonder if they are discontinuing the cut.