levis question

aitsuka

Orange were a budget range. Can't remember the details, and I should look this up, but a lot of details like the stitching were simpler, and no rivets. Personally I really like the orange tab 607 jeans. Even fairly recent ones seemed to have nicer denim than contemporary 501s.

Yeah, The orange tab was the budget line but was also for the younger crowd with their bells and tapered jeans. They featured:

Double stitching throughout

A Zipper

Felled inseam

Long and narrow rear pockets that are stitched with a double needle

most had no rivets

517 and 505 had a coin pocket with 1 or no rivet

orange sitiching throughout, including bartacks

sanforized denim

I have pairs of original and repro Big E 646 jeans and I love them both. Just like all levis, the the indigo went to shit after the very early 70's.

Carpe Denim! (not the jean brand silly!)

1123865699585_selvage_edited.JPG

Edited by Serge d Nimes on Aug 22, 2005 at 07:42 PM

orange tab "505" not "605"

DSC03134.jpg

DSC03143.jpg

last picture...

DSC03144.jpg

these are my "501xx" the top label (the farmer picture part) has a XX but its says clearly 501? what does that mean? fake?

DSC03146.jpg

and if its XX isn't it dry denim? these are 34X32 and I felt they were washed already, however, they fit like 34X32 not shrunk at all?

DSC03148.jpg

DSC03147.jpg

DSC03150.jpg

thats it, thanks for the help.

Edited by aitsuka on Aug 24, 2005 at 08:07 AM

you can't link images from geocities. use photobucket or tinypic. otherwise you'll have to rename your jpgs to .txt and link them from there. but that's only good for a bit of bandwidth before geocities will shut you down.

"it's just a phase and you know damn well that you'll fall off in a minute cause that shit don't sell"