jl3969

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like mary kate or ashley olson...

Gossip Girl Spinoff Preview Poster: Meet Lily Rhodes

293.gossip.girl.valleygirls.042009.jpg

We won't get to see the moving pictures of the Gossip Girl spinoff "backdoor pilot" until May 11, but to your left you can see the official promo poster for the show we lovingly (but inaccurately) call Lily.

According to the poster, the Gossip Girl ep that launches not-Lily is called "Valley Girl" and stars, of course, Brittany Snow as Lily Rhodes in the Los Angeles of 25 years ago, before she was Serena van der Woodsen's totally hot Upper East Side mom. As the poster touts, Omigod! (Was Omigod the OMG of its day?)

So, what do you think of this 1980s flashback? Is it great or totally grody?

Why is Rufus being such a little bitch about taking some of Lily's money so his son can go to the college of his dreams?

Goddamn. If you were a rock star of some renown, PLUS you owned an art gallery during the ridiculous art boom of the last decade, and you still don't have enough money to send your kid to an ivy then you just plain fucked up.

i thought the lily rhodes thing was going to be a separate show? that preview makes it seem otherwise

yea its suppose to be its own show. i think next weeks episode is just going to be a flashback to prep viewers for the new show so there's some familiarity.

GOSSIP GIRL SPINOFF (Warner Bros/CBS-Paramount/Alloy Entertainment): As I reported at 2:45 PM today, put a fork in it. It's done. Next Monday's episode of Gossip Girl is a flashback that was supposed to be a tempting taste for next fall's spinoff following the wild teen years of now mom Lily van der Woodsen (played by Brittany Snow) in Los Angeles in the 1980s. But even though I heard Peter Roth loved its yesteryear vibe, the show went from hot, to lukewarm, to "fading but wouldn't count out", to now dead, according to my insiders. I'm really surprised.

just saw this on another website