$1,000

theshonen8899

They look like a pair of small e levis with a big E tag. I bet that is what they are. $1000 is also too much. Big E levis (and a lot of SS small e) will usually have a yellow thread on the vertical (non -j stitch) fly seam. Also, the belt loop stitches are usually a peach color. there are no pics of the coin pocket, but the vertical stitches should be yellow. That said, these are 6 top button jeans which are the worst of the big e's in my opinion. I like 2's.

Also, the paper tag usually says 501-0217 in that era

Interesting point, Serge, I didn't think of that. I was concerned by the stock control tag, which you don't often see on Big Es, as it came in around 1971, when the logo switched to Little e. I also don't like the colour - there was a big change in the look of the denim between this point and, say, the early 60s.

$1000 isn't totally outrageous considering the state of the dollar, but I doubt many people will pay that on the basis of these 6 crummy pix.